PFG freezes accounts, CEO attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Thanks for the kind words, it is appreciated.

I'm out of the game for the moment, not with anyone, the reason at this point must be all too obvious.

MFG'ed, PFG'ed, now I'm OMG'ed.

I'll have to do my due dilligence first on a new broker. You know that Larry Williams and his wife Louise both lost 6 figure accounts at PFG, seeing as I'm a follower of Larry Williams, I'll take into account where he's moving to in my decision process.

#371     Jul 29, 2012
  2. The interest would be approximately zero on the kind of conservative investments the CME would make.

#372     Jul 29, 2012
  3. As it should be in this zero rate environment. But in other environments it will be higher. I have no problem with my money (that they are drawing interest on) being kept in bills or other short term very highly rated paper.

Or would you prefer the Penson approach of taking down racetrack paper?

#373     Jul 29, 2012
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#374     Aug 2, 2012
  5. The point I was making is just that some brokers who have been investing their customer segregated funds in higher yield investments may withdraw from the business or raise fees.

I am just saying watch out for that, not that it is a bad thing! Marginally profitable brokers will become even more marginal. If some of them are still investing in racehorses or whatever undetected, we may have more failures.

That is a reason to avoid marginal brokers in my opinion. That would be the action item to consider.

#375     Aug 2, 2012
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

7. "The first time we heard it was an outlier, then it happened again".

Isn't murder an outlier? Your point is?

Just to add, after it happened again, if it happens yet again people are going to be upset. So the first 2 times people were not upset?

This is the quality of leadership that gets elected?

#377     Aug 2, 2012
  8. this thread will never die! haha

#378     Aug 2, 2012
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

10. GTS

GTS

Noticed that bwolinsky has been uncharacteristically quiet.

I wonder how the lawsuit goes.

#380     Sep 11, 2012