PFG freezes accounts, CEO attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Does anyone in here know if OptionsHouse is insured? Stock options accounts have the same 250k securities insurance as normal equities accounts, correct?

#341     Jul 20, 2012
  2. It is a securities account and the SIPC protection (although not quite what you describe) is identical.

#342     Jul 20, 2012
  3. [​IMG]

#343     Jul 20, 2012
  4. achilles28

achilles28

How was PFG able to post margin requirements when half it's customer deposits were gone?

#344     Jul 21, 2012
  5. ssss

ssss

1. Author have won PFG competition Marketzar ( with paper account)
    in 2007
    -some 2000 $ ( first attempt 1 - place ,second -2 place)

Price Money was received only with assistance Court of IOWA
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 .Some time before (1 year) author tryed to play in PFG competition
    with paper account ,but in 3 Place was rejected some time before contest ended ...

Without any ground ..

Have had suspect ,that not all is okay by PFG long time before

Multiple time's sended message's to CTFC ,but as my money was not involved ,stopped this kind of activities

#345     Jul 21, 2012
  6. Photoshop?

#346     Jul 21, 2012

7. I wondered this myself! With only $6mm in the bank and a few thousand accounts, I do not understand how they met margin requirements....

Maybe somebody could weigh in........

Is it possible their initial margin requirements to support client positions was actually LESS than $6mm ???

#347     Jul 21, 2012
  8. Bucketed the trades maybe?

#348     Jul 21, 2012
  9. Half of it customer deposits *in excess of* margin funds posted with Jefferies are gone.

The margin deposits with its Clearing Broker, Jefferies, are all present and accounted for.

#349     Jul 21, 2012

10. Good info. That makes sense because PFG had listed about $400mm of Cust Seg Funds in the most recent CFTC report (on website "View Financial Data for FCMs"), but in this fraud case it was a bank account of $200mm that was being discussed.

Thanks for the reply post.

#350     Jul 21, 2012