PFG freezes accounts, CEO attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 9, 2012.

1. yeah the reality is there isn't anything different about these scams and the ones coming out of Nigeria!

#291     Jul 14, 2012
  2. This gave me a nice chuckle.

#292     Jul 14, 2012
  3. My Nigerian called about an hour ago and, believe it or not, there are two oil and gas leases as part of the estate they are transferring to me via their London solicitors. Apparently on mineral rights there is a small transfer tax -- a stamp duty -- that must be taken care of before the transfer of the estate can be completed. It amounts to 1.75% of the expected production till lease expiration.

The duty has recently been reduced from 3% (to the current 1.75%) and the $22,500 I am wiring to London on Monday will assure the estate transfer is completed by Tuesday. I need just a bit of advice from those here in this thread that have done business with Nigerians: I assume that a 10% tip is sufficient once it is all wrapped up but, if you think it will seem chintzy, I would go 15%.

Am I in the right range? This guy treats me like I am family and I do not want to offend.

#293     Jul 14, 2012
  4. haha.. your getting all kinds of favors.. don't be stingy

#294     Jul 14, 2012
  5. more like he will go to prison and everyone there will worship him for screwing so many people over! people take pride in that stuff.. Madoff was quoted in saying " i carried those people for so many years" as if he was doing them a favor.. this people are sociopaths.. i find it a bit relieving that he just might have felt guilt about it by the fact that he failed to commit suicide.. but you know i've had friends tried to commit suicide... anyone that really wanted to suceeded! except one of my friends who stuck a 22 in his mouth pulled the trigger and the bullet bounced out of his skull somehow and out of his eye socket! he lived and figured since that attempt didn't work that it just wasn't suppose to happen and walked into an AA meeting and thats how i met him ... so who knows maybe the guy planned on getting caught instead of dying.. nothing surprises me NOTHING!

#295     Jul 15, 2012
  6. He had the passenger-side window open. Ya.

#296     Jul 15, 2012
  7. see there ya go... the creation of a reality in which he feels guilt was the entire show.. i'm sure alot of people bought it.. you know alot of people generally i see end up having a chip on their shoulder.. They are the ones that feel that everyone is out to get them or just generally selfish and strike back by lying cheating and stealing.. me personally i think its much more challenging to make money honestly... Trading is the most self revealing thing i've done.. Although alot of what i've learned about peoples lower nature has to do with dealing illegal things in my youth before i got sober.. This guy though reminds me of so many masters of the universe that dont' really know anything!

#297     Jul 15, 2012
  8. http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/03/full-tilt-poker-ceo-arrested-in-nyc-for-alleged-ponzi-scheme/

United States law enforcement arrested Full Tilt Poker’s chief executive, Ray Bitar, on charges that Full Tilt was being run like a Ponzi scheme. Bitar voluntarily surrendered in New York City, Forbes reported.

Bitar returned from Full Tilt’s headquarters in Ireland to John F. Kennedy International Airport, where the FBI arrested him on Monday.

“I know that a lot of people are very angry at me. I understand why. Full Tilt should never have gotten into a position where it could not repay player funds,” Bitar said.

Bitar faces a potential 145 years in prison if he is convicted on all counts.

Federal prosecutors have issued an indictment that uncovered new allegations about Bitar’s attempts to conceal Full Tilt’s inability to repay its customers.

“For the last 15 months, I have worked hard on possible solutions to get the players repaid,” Bitar said, “Returning today is part of that process.”

The government claims Full Tilt still owes its players approximately $350 million, according to Forbes.

Anyone see a connection?

#298     Jul 15, 2012

9. yeah.. in society someone gets ripped off EVERYDAY! We should make this post alll about how messed up things are in business! oh wait ti already is hahaha.. everyone feels guilty when they get caught.. i believe based upon survivorship bias and the fact that we only hear about the people that do get caught.. there are probably tons of people getting away with fraud..

#299     Jul 15, 2012
  10. :D what are you drinking tonight?

Only joking :p

#300     Jul 15, 2012