PFG freezes accounts, CEO attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Eight

Eight

They have deregulated to the point of anarchy. I was fully expecting Obama to work on reregulation but he instead appointed Wall Street as his cabinet. I think that neither political party is going to re-regulate our financial industry and it's a real sad thing really. They only regulated Wall Street after the crash of '29 because an Italian prosecutor went after the good old boys club. We need a prosecutor that isn't an insider and that doesn't seem to be happening..

#261     Jul 12, 2012
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

SIPC already said they won't give him dollars back, but perhaps he can ask for productivity credits instead for when his new monetary system will be in place.

Poor guy seriously...I hope he didn't lose too much.

#262     Jul 13, 2012
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

4. I'm I the only one on this great big forum who has lost money with this firm?

#264     Jul 13, 2012
  5. Didn't you say you were canadian? I thought canadian futures accounts are insured.

#265     Jul 13, 2012
  6. jetbird

jetbird

Looks like Larry Williams may lose some $.

"Like many of you I am in same boat, Louise and I had two 6 figure accounts that have been liquidated and locked up. So what are we going to do?"

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=317077&page=2815

bummer

#266     Jul 13, 2012
  7. bone

bone

Bacon is the perfect investment vehicle.

Air freshener, exhalted food item whose essence is truly intoxicating, converts from living food item to wood smoked long-lasting edible gold.

I will keep T-Bills issued by the Fed in my name in the trading account, and lots of bacon in a large refrigerator. Thick cut, applewood smoked bacon.

#267     Jul 13, 2012
  8. Canadians had two choices, deal directly with the US firm or use the Canadian branch of PFG. As I read it, the Canadian branches of PFG and MF were fine because they have regulators and the people (Canadians also) with the US company have "regulators" (wink wink, nudge nudge.)

The regulators in Canada got the MF money back. They likely tightened up the checks and regulations on the remaining companies. They did not announce big headlines and make it look like they were doing something.

#268     Jul 13, 2012
  9. Yes, regulators can't catch fraud before it happens, but fraud is less likely to happen if people believe the regulators are good enough to catch them. Right now, the regulators are a joke, and people are angry because of how long PFG was able to keep it going. This went on for a couple years. Also why has Canada been able to protect customers why the U.S. consistently fails to? It's because our regulator are horrible at their job or are too buddy buddy with the people they are suppose to regulate.

#269     Jul 13, 2012
  10. I love their awards page http://www.pfgbest.com/about/awards/ :

Among the many awards, there is this gem:

"PFGBEST <...> has won a 2011 Iowa Character Award from Character Counts In Iowa. The achievement honors <...> organizations that consistently demonstrate and promote the six pillars of character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship."

#270     Jul 13, 2012