Pew study shows MSNBC really is more partisan than Fox

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tomdavis, Nov 2, 2012.

1. well sure since that would be correct. foxnews has been non stop obama bashing for 5 years now. there is no doubt that they are a wing of the republican party.

#11     Nov 2, 2012
  2. not bashing obama , bashing his actions & stupid assertions.

#12     Nov 2, 2012
  3. Just as there's no doubt that MSNBC is a wing of the Democratic party, bashing Romney and the Republicans non-stop, only more-so according to Pew Research (whom the New York Times named as one of the most trusted research organizations in the world). Given a choice between the data-free opinion of FreeThinker and Pew's data-driven research it's obvious who's correct on this one.

No one is claiming that Fox isn't biased, only that MSNBC is even more biased. That's what the Pew study showed: Fox is biased, MSNBC is more biased.

#13     Nov 2, 2012
  4. come on man. use your thinker. at one time fox news had four or five republican candidates for president as mouthpieces. msnbc cant hold a candle to that.

#14     Nov 2, 2012
  5. Let's see, should I believe Freethinker/HuffingtonPost, or Pew Research? ... I think I'll go with Pew Research on this one.

#15     Nov 2, 2012
  6. does your own rational thinking ever come into play?

#16     Nov 2, 2012
  7. That's what the climate-change deniers say.

I'll go with the science on this one -- Pew Research, named by the NYT as one of the most trusted research firms in the world. Pew Research provided a detailed report with all the data and you're telling me they're either incompetent or a bunch of liars and therefore I should ignore them.

#17     Nov 2, 2012
  8. maybe in this case. if someone told you that a news outlet had five republican candidates working for them and then told you that they werent that partisan it should raise a few red flags.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence." -Bertrand Russell

#18     Nov 2, 2012
  9. Nobody ever said that Fox News wasn't biased. The claim was that Fox News is biased and that MSNBC is more biased. You haven't offered any data that refutes the conclusions of Pew Research.

You keep asserting the same position that everybody agrees upon -- Fox News is biased. Yes, we all agree. But that's not the assertion made by Pew Research. They say that Fox News is biased and MSNBC is more biased.

#19     Nov 2, 2012
  10. here is an example of fox news non partisan work:

Rupert Murdoch: Chris Christie Must 'Re-Declare' For Mitt Romney 'Or Take Blame'

Publishing titan Rupert Murdoch sent New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie what appeared to be a warning message on Friday, telling Christie to reaffirm his support for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney "or take blame for next four dire years."

The admonition, by way of a tweet from the Murdoch's verified Twitter account, was presumably in reference to the warm relationship Christie, a Republican, showed with President Barack Obama this week, as the two toured New Jersey in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/03/rupert-murdoch-chris-christie-romney_n_2068630.html

#20     Nov 3, 2012