Petraeus VP?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Aug 7, 2012.

1. wildchild

wildchild

OBAMA: ROMNEY WANTS VP PETRAEUS
    Tue Aug 07 2012 12:01:02 ET

**Exclusive**

President Obama whispered to a top fundraiser this week that he believes GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney wants to name Gen. David Petraeus to the VP slot!

"The president wasn't joking," the insider explains to the DRUDGE REPORT.

A Petraeus drama has been quietly building behind the scenes.

Romney is believed to have secretly met with the four-star general in New Hampshire.

The pick could be a shrewd Romney choice. A cross-party pull. The Obama administration hailed Petraeus as one of history's greatest military strategists. Petraeus was unanimously confirmed as the Director of the CIA by the US Senate 94-0.

But Petraeus has categorically asserted that he has NO political ambitions. And Team Obama stands prepared to tie one of their own to "Bush wars." A Petraeus pick could been seen as simply shuffling the decks of power in DC.

"He's a serious man, for seriously dangerous times," notes a top Republican.

A DRUDGE POLL on Tuesday morning showed readers split on if Romney should give it a go.

And the calendar is running out of days.

Developing...

2. Another trial balloon. Makes the Condi Rice option seem brilliant by conparison.

Just in case I'm not clear. Worst. Idea. Ever.

I would hope it doesn't require lengthy explanation, but the country, except for the editorial board at The Weekly Standard, is sick of endless, expensive, pointless wars.

In addition, we have no idea of Patraeus' positions on any issue, other than being for endless war, but they are probably reliably PC. Otherwise, he would neve rhave risen to general in the increasingly PC military.

3. pspr

pspr

No Petraeus. He is even losing the straight up vote on Drudge.

4. BSAM

BSAM

+1

Romney's only hope is Marco Rubio or Allen West.

5. BSAM

BSAM

Or Bill Clinton!?!?!?!

6. wjk

wjk

+1 on Rubio, though West would be fun as he won't take any shit from anyone.

7. Don't know if I agree here. It is true that we don't know his positions, but he didn't make the calls on the war. His job is to do what it takes to win so I think it is unfair criticism of him to say he is for endless wars. He has proven himself a capable leader in the military, and since defense is the fed govts primary responsibility, I would feel comfortable if he had to step in as Pres.

that being said, right now the economy is the focus, but I don't think a VP choice should simply be whoever will help you win the race, that is a bit shortsighted imo. The only people who would instantly be put off to the ticket because of his inclusion are the same people who called him General Betrayus. Fuck those losers anyway, Romney isn't getting their vote no matter what.

Why don't you like him as VP, just out of curiosity?

8. Allen west seems like a solid dude PLUS the collective lib media's head might explode if he were the choice. How could they possibly bash him without being exposed as hypocrites, they have labeled any and all criticism of obama and blacks in general as racist. :eek:

9. Incumbent Presidents have a huge statistical re-election advantage. Patraeus will not improve Romney's odds of beating Obama.

Romney needs to take a risk, but Patraeus is the wrong kind of risk.

10. wildchild

wildchild

They trash Clarence Thomas on regular basis without a single mention of being hypocrites. They also used to bash Alberto Gonzales left and right and I never once heard someone claim that it might turn off latinos. There are two sets of rules, if you are a minority and you have a D behind your name, you are treated completely different then if you are a minority with an R behind your name.

If Allen West were the VP choice, he would get a full rectal exam by the media. Count on it.

#10     Aug 7, 2012