Petraeus for GOP 2012?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Yep +1

#11     Sep 4, 2009
  2. I don't really disagree with your sentiments, but I have seen too many of these fresh faces lose their bearings when they hit the DC media and social circuit. David Souter ring a bell?

I would rather have someone who has proven that he will support conservative principles when the entire media and political establishment lines up against him. Of course, that describes Ron Paul.

#12     Sep 4, 2009
  3. I like Ron Paul but he is getting pretty old. It should be interesting to see what his son does. I would like to see several young leaders step forward to carry the Ron Paul torch into the future and lay the groundwork for taking this country back and re-implementing the US Constitution.

#13     Sep 4, 2009
  4. I like Petraeus because he is competent and a Patriot. Not sure a lot of people appreciate what he must have to have accomplished what he has.

#14     Sep 4, 2009
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Ron Paul is pretty much on the mark when it comes to outlining the economic problems the U.S. faces (not 100% sided with Him on his foreign policies) but his fixes are too dramatic for the populace to embrace all at once. Not to say that they are not needed but they need to be presented as an extended policy that may take 3-4 terms to totally implement, more of this is the direction we need to take, and to finished by the following administration, not flip the world upside down when I take office.

The problem he faces is that everyone will have to pitch in, as the fix for our country will have an element of discomfort for all. But who wants to pay higher taxes or give up some entitlements to dig ourselves out of this hole?

We just saw how effective the “promise of extended government handouts” fills the lines up at the voter booth.

#15     Sep 4, 2009