Petraeus destroys Republicans fake Benghazi Scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Wallet

Wallet

+1

Regardless of all the innuendos throw by both sides the simple fact remains that they knew it was coming and did NOTHING.

At the very least close the consulate and retrieve the Ambassador.

This is a tragic oversight by the State Dept.... I can't understand why people are not outraged at these events?

#31     Nov 20, 2012
  2. Was there a platoon across the street at the coffee shop that could of stepped in and stopped the attackers ? A blackhawk circling above watching the attack waiting for orders ?

#32     Nov 20, 2012
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Let me make this real simple, they knew there was terrorist buildup days in advance, our intelligence reports showed it, the Libyan Government told them of it and told them they couldn't supply the necessary security.

AT THAT POINT, a decision should have been made to either deploy necessary measures, or remove the Ambassador and close the consulate.

It wasn't a surprise attack, and being that vulnerable, specially on the anniversary of 9/11, should never happen. What ever imbecile took this information and failed to respond needs to be removed from the chain of command.

I'm not pointing my finger at the President. But someone up the chain failed, that person needs to be held accountable, people in the military get court-martialed for less.

However if the phony video story was spread to cover up, or stall the correct information during the election, then that needs to come to light as well, which it should during the investigation.

Once the shit hit the fan, yes it's dangerous to try rescue, escalating the events, however there were people ready to go in waiting orders.

My point is it never should have happened, the Ambassador should have been immediately removed in the days prior once it was known that the security of the consulate was in jeopardy.

#33     Nov 20, 2012
  4. Exactly what my military friends say. Al-Queada is very experienced, and they are there because we funded them to help take out Qaddafi, will we EVER learn???

#34     Nov 20, 2012
  5. piezoe

piezoe

One additional possible fact. It has been reported in the media that Stevens had asked that security be less visible. or scaled down, or whatever. Apparently he believed that he could operate more effectively if the consulate appeared less as an armed fortress. I don't know if any of this is true, but if it is then he may have erred and his error may have contributed to his death.

#35     Nov 20, 2012
  6. Odumbo is DESPICABLE as Commander In Chief... but he will get a free pass on this just like everything else.

:mad: :mad:

#36     Nov 20, 2012
  7. No he didn't err. He just wasn't a coward:

Diplomacy is dangerous business -- a fact Washington needs to remember

Turning this man's death into a scandal is itself a scandal. Buncha rubes on this board.

#37     Nov 20, 2012
  8. Exactly what my military friends say. Al-Queada is very experienced, and they are there because obama funded & armed them to help take out Qaddafi, will we EVER learn obama is a radical muslim???

#38     Nov 20, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Yes, he will. For four more years. There is nothing you can do about it. Except cry.

#39     Nov 20, 2012
  10. No PT we won't. Why learn fantasies? Better to deal with the truth, come on.

#40     Nov 20, 2012