Petraes IS Going To Talk

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 10, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Friday vowed to subpoena outgoing CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus if he won’t testify voluntarily about the Sept. 11 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

Gowdy said that while he regretted the “personal ramifications” of Petraeus’ sudden resignation over an extramarital affair, it would not stop Congress from hearing from him about the assault on the consulate that left four Americans dead.

“The fact that he’s resigned and had an affair has nothing to do with whether or not he’s gonna be subpoenaed to Congress,” Gowdy said on Fox News’ “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren.” “I hope we don’t have to subpoena a four-star general and the former CIA director, I hope he would come voluntarily, but if he won’t he will be subpoenaed and none of what has happened today is a defense to a subpoena.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rep...tarily-over-benghazi-or-we-will-subpoena-him/

2. CIA director couldn't keep his affair a secret? I smell something fishy going on over there. There is WAAAAAY more to this story than we will likely ever know.

3. Arnie

Arnie

Do you really think they JUST found out about this?

How convenient, right after the election and right before congressional hearings.

I'll wager the Obama administration/campaign was aware of this long ago.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The general obviously met with Obama and refused to adopt the President's bullshit story and was subsequently asked to resign for real or imagined infractions.

The only blackmailing was likely being done by Barrack Obama.

5. Or maybe patraes was having an affair with obama and with re-election they couldn't hide it anymore.

They would have been home free if Romney had won.

Those pesky unintended consequences :(

6. pspr

pspr

“The decision was made to delay the resignation apparently to avoid potential embarrassment to the president before the election,” an FBI source says. “To leave him in such a sensitive position where he was vulnerable to potential blackmail for months compromised our security and is inexcusable.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/petraeus-resigns-cia-affair/2012/11/09/id/463573