Petition to un-ban Hapaboy:

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rearden Metal, Nov 26, 2010.

Should Hapaboy be un-banned?

1. Yes, let him back in.

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  2. No, keep his IP blocked.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Who the F is Hapaboy?

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Don't know/Don't care.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Ok RDT, check out how the creature appears in the middle of a serious political discussion with only one goal in mind: To derail the conversation, attempting to degrade the entire thing into personal insults and mud slinging:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=212517&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

Please answer me honestly: What is going on here- 'a difference of opinion', or is it just trolling? I could easily find you fifty more threads just like this.

#21     Dec 29, 2010
  2. Optional777 is just like any other thing in life. There is no way to get rid of him or ban him even with today's modern ip banners. You can try, but most likely he will come back and with twice the energy as before. Thus exists the Politics and Religion section so to provide a spot for these folks so the trading sections of the site can be more focused. Baron doesnt mean that section for you to discuss political matters, it is purely for a certain type of person that enjoys throwing off topics of discussions. You might enjoy having political discussions there, but it wasnt meant for you to discuss opinions there. It is simply a trap to place the Optional777s in and keep them away from the rest of the board.

In regards to Hapaboy, he can come back at anytime under a new alias using the various methods that exist. The fact remains though that he probably did something really bad that goes beyond mudslinging and brow beating in the forums. I suspect he might have threatened someone with violence which is against the law...i.e. terrorist threats. He might have done something else that is totally unrelated to Optional777 like soliciting in the forums. I dont know, but I do know whatever he did was worse then anything I have done or the Optional777 alias has done.

If it got to the point where he was making "terrorist threats" (which are essentially threats of violence) would he still be welcome back? If someone gets mad in your presence at someone who is very annoying and takes a swing at the annoying guy, who would you back? Optional777 is a very annoying character and they have the "ignore" feature for your usage. While he is annoying, its not ok to make violent threats on the internet.

#22     Dec 29, 2010
  3. <i>Optional777 is just like any other thing in life. There is no way to get rid of him or ban him even with today's modern ip banners. You can try, but most likely he will come back and with twice the energy as before. Thus exists the Politics and Religion section so to provide a spot for these folks so the trading sections of the site can be more focused. Baron doesnt mean that section for you to discuss political matters, it is purely for a certain type of person that enjoys throwing off topics of discussions. You might enjoy having political discussions there, but it wasnt meant for you to discuss opinions there. It is simply a trap to place the Optional777s in and keep them away from the rest of the board.</i>

---->I Agree.

<i>In regards to Hapaboy, he can come back at anytime under a new alias using the various methods that exist. </i>

---->I Agree.

<i>The fact remains though that he probably did something really bad that goes beyond mudslinging and brow beating in the forums. I suspect he might have threatened someone with violence which is against the law...i.e. terrorist threats. He might have done something else that is totally unrelated to Optional777 like soliciting in the forums. I dont know, but I do know whatever he did was worse then anything I have done or the Optional777 alias has done. </i>

---->I don't agree.

<i>If it got to the point where he was making "terrorist threats" (which are essentially threats of violence) would he still be welcome back? </i>

---->If my aunt had balls, would she be my uncle?

<i>If someone gets mad in your presence at someone who is very annoying and takes a swing at the annoying guy, who would you back? </i>

---->My head backs 'annoying guy', while my heart backs 'violent guy'.

<i>Optional777 is a very annoying character and they have the "ignore" feature for your usage. </i>

---->Ignore? I'd never dream of forfeiting my chance for an educational up-close look into the mind of a rare Lawful-Evil pedophilic sado-masochist! Do you know how few of those we have walking around? The demented mind demands study, not the ignore button!

<i>While he is annoying, its not ok to make violent threats on the internet.</i>

----> Aw... you're no fun! :D
    (But thanks for your honest opinion. That's all I wanted.)

#23     Dec 29, 2010
  4. J4r3d

J4r3d

Sorry to dissapoint you, but it appears Optional777 is still here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=212814

#24     Dec 31, 2010