Petition Baron for 30 second video direct upload

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by tradeking007yahoo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. This is a petition for Baron to allow a direct on this site upload of videos of up to a certain megabyte size and for those videos to automatically purge from the system after say 3 months.

This would allow people to easily post video as well as get users to check the site more often for videos and now that the price of server memory is much cheaper than when this site was started maybe it is a viable from a cost/productivity avenue.

It also may help advertisiers who pay

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2021
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You can easily post large videos off site at other resources and then "link" to those videos here at Elitetrader.com

I've posted many times links to 3min - 15min music / movie videos on Youtube...they embed very nicely within the message posts here at ET.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Pekelo likes this.
  3. so thats not my intention of the post now was it

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've seen videos posted here at ET at duration of many minutes.

That easily is larger than your > 30 second request for uploading.

Thus, maybe the issue is not the length (duration) but its about the "type" or "format" of the media you're trying to upload ???

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  5. IMO ...... YouTube is best due to everyone being familiar with the player.

tradeking007yahoo likes this.
  6. so you can post a video directly on ET without a link to another site or service?

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You'll have to talk to Baron about that...not sure how they did it. What's the format file you're trying to upload ???

wrbtrader

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

Just click on share then copy in youtube.

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

To post a video on ET without a link is refer to as "embed" a video / media into your message post.

As shown in the below image...to do such is via adding the url to the media button in your message post.

Add-Media-To-Elitetrader.png
    wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  10. i dont have a youtube or want one or any other url

#10     Jan 17, 2021