Peter Strzok's attorney: "My client is a patriot"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Stzok is scheduled to appear before the committee next wednesday.

Never a problem for someone to appear and defend themselves in court - before a committee- or just through their attorney- same for McCabe. Go for it.

If he can "cooperate his way out of this," by providing the right amounts of information to advance other investigations, well then, he should try that and that might be win-win.

Personally, I think it is a mixed bag. I think he may have some things to say for himself but I also think they have stuff on him beyond what we know about, such as other texts, testimony from others who are being squeezed, and probably he lied to other investigators or the IG a few times along the way. He is probably a leaker too because most of them are there in central office, and they may have caught him on that.

He and Lisa talked about a meeting in Andy's office that Andy denies/can't remember, so that is a lot of fun coming up too but it also means that McCabe is also trying to discredit Strzok to save his arse. We know of course that McCabe is lying here and not Strzok. He had no expectation that his texts would ever be uncovered so he and Lisa had no reason to be having a discussion about a meeting if it never occurred. And, as a reminder, McCabe and Comey are calling each other liars about whether McCabe's leaking to the press was authorized or not.

Also, his attorney argues that Strzok is being wrongfully accused of slow-walking the weiner emails, and from what I have seen that may be true. McCabe did that.

Okay, so the "patriot" is going to show up. Good. I put points up on the board for showing up. That may be the only points he gets though.

Laissez les bon temps rouler.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...rzok-patriot-not-sick-loser-column/712673002/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. Haven't figured out exactly how this Strzok interview thing is going to work, mostly because they have not figured it out yet either.

I guess he has been subpoened to appear for a deposition but even the committee members have not figured out whether it will be before the committee or whether a select number of committee members will sit in on the deposition.

Anyway, he is required to show up and start answering questions in some form.

3. elderado

elderado

TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  4. Congressional Committee is currently meeting with Strzok - at least that was the plan.

The pisser is that it is a closed door meeting, but it will still set some things in motion. My understanding is that the transcript still gets released after the national security issues get redacted out. And of course everything gets leaked anyway.

Was very much hoping it would be an open public grilling. Nevertheless, both Strzok and Page and some other clowns are still scheduled for a public appearance in July.

As previously discussed, while I think Strzok is a shit-bum, I nevertheless believe his word versus McCabes on the issue of whether McCabe was in on certain meetings. And I believe McCabe over Comey on the issue of whether Comey authorized/knew of McCabes leaking to the press.

What a mess.

Poindexter and Optionpro007 like this.
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Who cares

6. People that believe in law and justice.

elderado, Tom B and Poindexter like this.
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Those same people want Muellers probe ended though:rolleyes:

8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Did the IG report accuse Strozk of committing any crimes?

9. If Mueller would have actually hired half Dems and half Reps lawyers to do the investigation, I would have definitely trusted the investigation, but Mueller even hired the same people who tried to overturn an election illegally. How stupid do you have to be?

10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Evidence and facts are evidence and facts no matter who finds it.

Mueller is a Republican.

#10     Jun 27, 2018