Peter Strzok shits on latest nothing burger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Jul 12, 2018.

1. The committee today did not make a single allegation of an action by him that was improper in his work. It was all insinuation and repeating stuff for Fox news to use. He had an affair, not a crime, he had a personal dislike of Trump particularly but Clinton also at times. FBI agents are allowed and encouraged to have political opinions.

If the committee had anything on his actions during the investigation they would have made that into Mt. Everest and they had nothing.

This was Benghazi mode again, damaging reputations for partisan gain. Clips for Fox and now Sinclair.

#31     Jul 12, 2018
  2. bone

bone

That is true and is certainly impressive.

And with that kind of tradecraft background WTF is he thinking using a government issued work phone to send such personal and inflammatory SMS messages.:banghead: You'd think he'd be more discreet than that. IMO moreso about the interoffice affair than his opinions about Trump - that might be compromising information that could be used to turn him or embarrass him or compromise his professional standing at FBI and DOJ.

At least in the private sector these days senior executives are increasingly getting fired for having even consensual interoffice affairs.

#32     Jul 12, 2018
  3. DTB2

DTB2

Strzok had an in office affair, not a crime but often cause for dismissal.

Strzok made political and derogatory political remarks on FBI equipment, against guidelines.

Strzok not following up on the unusual routing of Hillary's emails lacks credibility.

His earlier career notwithstanding, Strzok is just not credible as to being unbiased.

#33     Jul 12, 2018
    WeToddDid2 likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Would you call a doctor biased in his duties for having a political opinion?

#34     Jul 12, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  5. DTB2

DTB2

If a doctor had sent those texts about a candidate, would want them treating that candidate or his family?

Not me!

#35     Jul 12, 2018
    WeToddDid2 likes this.
  6. He made a couple of comments on the work device. They were mostly going through his personal phone messages. It was commented that one led to the other. I've not correlated this but it seems clear that he was not all that bad. He made a mistake for sure but this 20/20 hindsight is pushing it.

The committee is dishonest, it is about smear and smoke. I hope they do release the 11 hours of closed testimony as much of today was repetition for the cameras for sure. Today was Benghazi again and the agent just a prop for their parody. Shameful and right into Putin's hands.

Whatever happened before, Louis Gohmert must have been made look a fool, he was steaming today and got crushed (again I assume).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    #36     Jul 12, 2018
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Our doctors treat our enemies in times of war.

#37     Jul 12, 2018
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

I stopped halfway thorough it. What a shameful charade. There really should be rule in these bs hearings against going on rants and making political statements instead of just asking damn questions.

I especially loved it when the 'chairman' and the repubs would interrupt any and all answers that did not fit their narrative. Absolutely reprehensible, deplorable behavior.

#38     Jul 12, 2018
  9. bone

bone

All political theater aside - Strzok, Page, Comey... it’s not the FBI’s most shining moment that’s for sure. I’m sure that Mueller was and continues to be furious about it, and rightfully so. The IG was right to call them out as biased and unprofessional - you can’t polish that turd.

#39     Jul 12, 2018
  10. UsualName

UsualName

People polish the Trump turd everyday.

The shame on the fbi is how Comey handled himself with regard to Hillary Clinton and the impact it had on the election.

This Strzok and Paige stuff is of no consequence. Trump is being investigated because he was up to his eyeballs in Russian sympathizers in his campaign while Russia itself was actively working to get him elected.

Mueller doesn’t strike me as the get furious type. Most FBI agents are calm as a cup of water at all times.

The Republican Congress is a disgrace. Not America’s most shining moment on Capitol Hill.

#40     Jul 12, 2018