*****Peter Schiff vs the other FOOLS*****

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Nov 18, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Art Laffer is a fucking idiot.

Somebody needs to chronicle all the spectacular bull calls from 2005, onward.

That would yield some good insight into who has an inkling, and who's a braindead cheerleader.

#31     Nov 25, 2008
  2. Jim Rogers sold out of all emerging markets in 2007 except China where he hasnt sold a single stock and plans to pass them on to his daughters.

Investor <> Trader

Schiff got killed on the commodity currencies but who knows what the future brings.

#32     Nov 25, 2008
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i don't care how bad his funds are down,the guy was spot on. remember,he did'nt just say the market would be down,he explained why they woild be down and guess what,they are down for all the reasons he stated.
    another horses ass is that guy Greg Norman or whatever his name is and how bout that idiot with the long curly hair oumpin real estate. everyone was so friggin wrong and that tells me you cannot invest with a broker or listen to wall street,no one had a clue. i can care less about a degree at yale or nyu, they are book smart and world foolish.

#33     Nov 25, 2008
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. You would if you were his investor.

2. It just makes him an even bigger fool, being perfectly right and STILL losing money.

Again, I admire his calls but good calls alone don't make money. Good trades do....So he gets an A+ for prediction, and an F for money management....

#34     Nov 25, 2008
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

an investor,why would anyone give their hard earned money to someone and have them invest it for them? i gave money to my pet gold fish during the bull and it was up 22%.

#35     Nov 25, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Bullseye if you ask me.....making a call like that and actually making money off of it are 2 different things. Nonetheless with the conviction he had on TV on countless shows he should be in the Bahamas with JOAB right about now....:D

#36     Nov 25, 2008
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly the point! :)

How did your gold fish do in the recent bearmarket? Investors gave money to Peter so he would crashproof their portfolio and he failed at that. End of story!!!!

You questioning the idea of investing with a money manager (non-sequitur) doesn't change Peter's sucking in a bearmarket.

Anyway, I am done here with apologists...

#37     Nov 25, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

In a bear market, almost every sector and almost every stock declines. The best probability play to "crash proof" is to switch into bonds and/or cash. Or, do a good job of hedging your longs.

#38     Nov 25, 2008
  9. Ignore because you know you are 100% WRONG...
    That's what losers and whiners do - they run away from discussions because they simply can't debate. Pathetic.

Bottom line is that this has nothing to do with TRUST!!!!
    You clearly have zero understanding of the brokerage/money management business.
    Ask any of Peter's clients who invested with him in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 how they feel about their money manager...
    And then you get some HOT MONEY...some guy who sees how right Peter has been, and he invests AT THE TOP, when gold is at 1000, Oil at 140, Euro at 160.....THE INVESTOR IS THE FUCKING LOSER - NOT THE MONEY MANAGER...
    The Money Manager is simply doing what he does, because he has no idea where the top/bottom is. He buys his stocks that pay the dividend.
    He's not a hedge fund manager trying to make 3% a month. That's what you don't get.
    Some MORON who puts 90% of his net worth into a fund like Peter's is a FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!
    ANd you are a FUCKING IDIOT if you defend him.

Ignore away - you go take your toys and run home crying with your wet underwear....

#39     Nov 25, 2008
  10. Pekolo you are reading too much into this I think.

When I put money with europac in March 2007 they never told me they were going to crashproof my portfolio. They said our goal is to divest you from us dollars and buy dividend paying stocks overseas. And they did. And it worked. But I made a lot more in that time frame than I would have if I was in any other mutual fund I think.
    My account is still slightly positive.

#40     Nov 25, 2008