PETER SCHIFF On Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by arbprofit2, Nov 7, 2007.

1. I do not think that the numbers are small at all. What is being taught by the extremists to millions of youths at madrassas all over the Middle East is anti-American culture, not just anti-American foreign policy.
    Furthermore, as groups they have very much power. You can post polls all you want indicating that Arab and Iranian youth don't hate our culture as much as they do our foreign policy - it's the imams and the extremists who DO hate our culture in addition to our foreign policy.

We may indeed end up pulling out. I do not think that is the wise course of action because IMO it will truly end up becoming a civil war of monstrous proportions that may indeed pull in neighboring countries. I agree with Gen. Petraueus's assessment that the outcome is not yet decided.

And surely you are not surprised that the Taliban and Al Qaeda aren't giving up, are you?

Oh, I assure you, the US has not even come close to employing the "kill-em-all" strategy, my friend. Our restraint IMO is one of the primary reasons the situation is as it is.

Actually, I am in agreement with Paul on several issues. I daresay that if his foreign policy stance was not so foolish I would probably vote for him.

#31     Nov 9, 2007