Peter Schiff on facebook and he is totally right!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, May 24, 2012.

1. OF COURSE the insiders did well, and the public got fleeced, that's the whole point being made by the posts on this thread, lol!

By the way, how much did YOU buy in the pennies, b tch? LOL

#51     May 26, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Couldn't agree more re pricing! I was thinking they should have priced it at 20-25. Probably closer to 20. Lol!:D

Those really nice inv bankers decided on 38, put the lipstick on the pig, and made $$$$$$$ with what IMO they knew was over priced from the get go.

These nice guys packaged up some really good derivative products that did so well 07-present... I've gotta say I'm not surprised by this stunt considering the past track record. The problem is the average retail investor has all but thrown in the towel with this one, and the bad actors involved will no question skate as usual. Sad

#52     May 26, 2012

3. ScalperJoe,
    This is very important information you've extracted from a document I can't even begin to make sense of!
    Thanks.

For those interested, the original is here:
    http://sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326801/000119312512034517/d287954ds1.htm
    :cool:

#53     May 26, 2012
  4. hajimow

hajimow

People have no idea how much FB worths (including me). If you want to buy something and they price it 1500, you would want to buy it at 1300, but the reality the right price might be $100, Now since FB, IPO was 38, everyone thinks that 25 was the right price. Have you ever thought that maybe $4 is closer to reality?

#54     May 26, 2012
  5. Of course, there was the inevitable argument on the news "Since when are investors guaranteed a profit on an investment/IPO?"

And, of course, this is true....

But - where is that argument when they discuss Greece/Italy/PIIGS, et al...?

Since when are creditors/lenders guaranteed repayment - especially if they are stupid in their lending? :D

Because it may not be commonly known in the US and elsewhere - but in Europe, Greece has been famous for 2 things for a very long time:

The Parthenon. And tax-cheats. :D

So if you are a supposedly sophisticatedly-stupid lender and loan them all they want - what is supposed to happen? (see same idea as sentence #1) :D

#55     May 26, 2012
  6. jo0477

jo0477

It's just so sad that the underwriters specifically targeted the retail market, just to extract every last cent they could for the angels... If MS couldn't even put a proper valuation on this pos a week before issuing, how does joe lunchbox even begin to try and figure out what its worth? They unfortunately rely on the hype and are so grateful that the "little guy" is so generously being offered a piece of the dream that they close their eyes, plug their nose, and take the plunge. All the while, the lead bookrunner is downgrading the valuation as that clown zuck parades around in his hoodie and graces (unimpressed) investors with his presence. I'm not saying the guy didn't create something huge (or maybe he stole it, who knows) but I'll give credit where credit is due. Pretty clear he's not CEO material though, and I agree - he'll be hitting the old dusty trail sooner rather than later as this thing plunges off a cliff.

Add in the bang up job by Naz and no wonder the public is stuffing bens into their mattresses...

#56     May 26, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

The difference between 25 and 38 is gargantuan.

#58     May 26, 2012
  8. Sure, but honestly, I only went through the chapters regarding dilution and shares eligible for future sale.

There's probably a lot more to consider in the 150+ pages of fine print. At least on Tuesday May 29th the options begin trading, which should be interesting to see how they price the premiums.

#59     May 26, 2012
  9. Vols will be fairly low. I would expect FB to open in the 32-34% (annualized) vola range.

#60     May 26, 2012