Peter Schiff on facebook and he is totally right!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, May 24, 2012.

1. No

It is definitely institutionalised fraud .

How Financial Criminalization Crashed the Economy, and the Culprits Got Off Scot-Free

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-ferguson/how-wall-street-became-a-_b_1536475.html

The Big Lie Exposed: Wall Street as Institutionalized Fraud

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-schweitzer/the-big-lie-exposed-wall_b_154225.html

Using inflation to erode the US public debt

http://www.voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/4413

#41     May 25, 2012
  2. Here is the deal with the same old Wall St shit hype about "there are a billion people 'over there' to become (fill-in the blank) customers/users/whatever....

Almost all of them are country-dirt-poor and won't be buying that shit you are trying to sell them.

So "LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE WE CAN REACH!!" doesn't mean shit.

Were you Facebooked? :D

#42     May 25, 2012
  3. FB has 900 million active users that login daily. This is not a fad but the primary reason most people have an inet connection in the first place.

#43     May 25, 2012
  4. jo0477

jo0477

Awww... Did mommy and daddy get filled at $42? So nice of you to join ET to try and help them out :cool:

#44     May 25, 2012
  5. Why do you think American Idol is so popular over many many seasons? Your answer lies here.

Zuckerberg is a genius x2. Never forget when my dad said look past the face son, the essence of every human being is the brain. There resides the true self.

Some brains are ugly but tied to pretty faces.

#45     May 25, 2012
  6. face scam is going to zip.

when the suits are done with the class action, Zuckster will be long gone.

the whole thing will implode in less than 5 years.

reminds me of the hula hoop and rimm.

the hedgies are banding en masse to pound this pc. of crap into the earth.

http://www.rgrdlaw.com/cases-facebook.html

" organ stanley " and the rest of the boiler room gangstas are about to get it chopped off.

widows and orphans need to get short for the express elevator ride south.

my bet is with this gal.

http://www.rgrdlaw.com/attorneys-Debra-J-Wyman.html

she will be ripping the Z' man and the banksters into bite sized chunks.

yum yum.

s

:cool:

#46     May 25, 2012
  7. Not sure about FB yet.

They definitely could have been gearing their numbers lower (not that they are manipulative or not playing on a level playing field in any way.. :D ) so they could write their own first earnings report headline:

"Facebook crushed estimates!! Shares soar!!" :D
    "In an interview today, Facebook executives who sold shares early said "I was just giving all the little people a chance to be a part of the Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread."

Of course, you've got to ratchet the numbers down, before you can "surprise".

They just botched the mechanism, is all. Bunch of amateurs.... :D

#47     May 25, 2012
  8. FWIW...

FB is too high, they screwed up by not bringing it out at about $25, a fair price IMO.

I have never seen an IPO face so much negative press. Forbes said something like "stay away" - and the CNBC webinar was a hit job.

That being said, they do have a zillion users, and perhaps a new way of monetizing it may come about. Don't sell it short, literally or figuratively.

Don

#48     May 25, 2012
  9. According to FB's registration statement (publicly available)

180 million shares were sold by Facebook, and the other 241 million shares by "selling stockholders" (read: those who got in BEFORE the IPO).

Average price paid by existing stockholders: $1.11
    Offer price to public: $38

After various "lock-up" periods expire, these are the approximate amounts of shares that WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE TO THE PUBLIC:

after 91 days: another 271 million shares
    after 151 to 180 days: another 127 million shares
    after 181 days: another 1,194,153,445 (yes, that's OVER 1 BILLION SHARES)
    after 211 days: another 149 million shares
    after 366 days: another 47 million shares

If everyone decided to sell their stock after the lock up, FB would have over 2 billion shares in the secondary market!

Therefore, if they can't grow their earnings fast enough to justify a higher multiple, and given there will be so many more shares outstanding, the stock has nowhere to go, but DOWN.

#49     May 26, 2012
  10. LOL

OP saying "I told you so" didn't make shit for you

Not saying FB is worth even $30 per share or not..

But most of the old has-been, never-was, it-was-better-in-the-old-days losers here wouldn't have even invested in FB at its inception evn when it was the equivalent of pennies.

Any asswipe can say whatever is overvalued. They have no skin in the game.
    If they're wrong, they just hide away until they're right when they come out and say "I told you so"

But how many Elitetards here/elesewhere - even if they had the money - would have cut Zuck $500,000 like Peter Thiel (and others) did back in 2004, buying for pennies?

Excuses would have been plentiful: "Myspace are already doing it. Friendster, too. Facebook meh"

That's the difference between the billionaire Thiels of the world & Etards

Elitetards can only knock it (which makes no money, maybe 30% on shorting. LOL) - but they can't take advantage of the massive upside ("buy high, sell higher") like those who bought for pennies.
    Literally like buying an unlimited call option for pennies.
    And Thiel, Zynga CEO, Hoffman (LinkedIn) et al have been doing this investing in startups for years

Anyway, I'm sure spewing it all out saying you were "right" gives some of you losers a warm & fuzzy feeling...while "trading for a living" from your spare room

Thiel & others got paid. They don't give a fuck that you were "right"

If you are so "right" how comes you're not rich, b tch!?

LOL

#50     May 26, 2012