Peter Schiff interview from 2006....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Jun 23, 2008.

1. I trade commodities for a living...
    my equity portfolio, a portion of it, is being handled by Europac..
    They are very very good..

I don't know dick about stocks...I just like the Europac mission...and the results are what matters...

#41     Jul 14, 2008
  2. vv111y

vv111y

I like their mission too. My concerns would be

1) they don't go short. They only offer it with private placements - which we qualify for - but it should be done in the main account. It would give me better piece of mind.

2) What new research are they doing? What are they adding to their portfolios? I already have Europacs last years core holding list. As Peter has said, all of these are still buy picks today. I could just use what they published already.

3) What value can they add?
    - commodity etf's & etn's are easy to pickup on our own. Currency is easy too.
    - Up here in Canada, I already have good info on CanRoys, Miners, agri stocks, etc At least some of them.
    - just grab the international dividend achievers, some Jim Rogers picks, or just buy the indexes on the countries that meet Europacs criteria - and we've got that list too.
    - OR do some stock screening and DIY research
    - OR find some other, cheaper, research fitting their criteria.

It's the voices of the indexers in my head that is yelling against their high fees

Other issues:
    - gold? I guess...
    - inflation/deflation debate. So which ones right? (they're not shorting!)
    - US political risk. We can expatriate those US dollars. My guess is that there will be some dumb laws coming up, both federal and state. And taxes are going the wrong way to boot. Oh, and let's not forget about putting the tax payer on the hook for all this mess.

#42     Jul 16, 2008