Peter Schiff full of Schiff

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Schiff was on Kudlow last night announcing he is running for office in Connecticut. What is it about this guy that irritates me so? His hubris, arrogance, claiming he is always right when he is clearly a poor trader/investor. Where do I send a check?:mad:

#21     Sep 22, 2009
  2. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

Peter has been calling for people to move out of the dollar for many years, while his clients were cleaning up on the anti-dollar commodity space.
    In any long turn trend you will have counter trends and 08 the dollar ran and commodities fell.
    Ask Peters clients that liquidated real estate assets during the bubble if he saved their ass.
    Sure clients in 08 had a big draw down, and if they started with him in the beginning of that year they probably got smacked hard, but most are still way up, and have kicked the s*** out of the US equity market.

#22     Sep 22, 2009
  3. Poor timing was all it was....

#23     Sep 22, 2009
  4. All you precious metal bashing broker types sound as bad as Schiff does in the other direction. Your day will come again...........,maybe.

#24     Sep 22, 2009
  5. Logic

Logic

I have an account with Europac and I've basically invested according to Schiff's forecast (though not all with Europac.) I'm up 20% on my portfolio since inception (October 2008.)

Europac is a brokerage, not a hedge fund. It's a conduit through which to easily obtain foreign stock. You still need to do your own research.

#25     Sep 22, 2009