Peter Schiff full of Schiff

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Just read the Schiff bash in full. Yeah, Mike tears him a new one.

Would love to see those two go at it on CNBC.

#11     Jan 26, 2009
  2. Apologist. If you had invested in Schiffs actual portfolio and were down 50%, would you still be so forgiving?

The idea is to MAKE or at least NOT LOSE MONEY.

Everything else is bullshit.

#12     Jan 26, 2009
  3. So if you get robbed in Zimbabwe are they pissed if you only have a couple million on you, too bad they invented computers the abacus makers are shit out of luck. I thought Schiff's strategy was to go long euro stocks creating a double loser when the euro came down to earth.

#13     Jan 26, 2009
  4. Schiff bought his clients emerging market commodity stocks without any exit strategy whatsoever. They blew up like a supernova and came crashing down like a plane noticing it has run out of gasoline. On the way up Peter said "told you so", on the way down "stay the course" as these stocks crashed down 50-80%. Money and risk management can be a bitch.

Sooner or later he will disappear, much like the goldbug media superstars from the 70s.

#14     Jan 26, 2009
  5. "Peter Schiff Fights Back"

http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com/2009/1/peter-schiff-fights-back
    Now they're hiding behind the broker dealer excuse BS. If Schiff ran a hedge fund (long emerging market & commodity stocks, short USD, short treasuries) he'd have blown up in 2008. He should be happy his returns (and losses) are completely opaque and intransparent.

#16     Jan 27, 2009
  6. ipatent

ipatent

More like foreign dividend paying stocks, in my experience. Canadian energy trusts, Asian utilities etc.

#17     Jan 27, 2009
  7. Ahhh...hot money gets blown up...
    it happens all the time..
    How about the Europac clients from 2004...
    We are doing fine...

#18     Jan 27, 2009
  8. http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/01/mish-vs-peter-schiff/

Through the grapevine, I have heard that Schiff was livid, and is threatening a lawsuit.

Too late: I understand more fireworks are coming, via a major media outlet that picked up the specific details from Mish, and independently verified them. Look for a major story soon (possibly as early as Weds/Thur). As is so often the case these days, a blogger discovered something newsworthy, and the MSM picked up on it afterwards.

#19     Jan 27, 2009
  9. Vindication!:p

I wonder if 'Mish' is still long the USD or did he have an exit strategy?:confused:

#20     Sep 22, 2009