Peter Schiff forecasts a depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Buzzed, Aug 11, 2010.

1. sumfuka

sumfuka

When we realize that we are in a depression, then comes the zillion dollar stimulus.

#31     Aug 12, 2010
  2. It is therefore not a question of unsound forecasting but of unsound economics. Under the influence of Irving Fisher virtually the whole of the American economics profession had fallen prey, and still has, to the fallacy that a stable price level means there is no inflation. (Sir Ralph Hawtrey was one of the guiding lights of this fallacy in England). Unfortunately the same situation prevails in Australia. The Austrians, however, explained in detail how trying to stabilise the price level will actually destabilise the economy and bring on the very depression the policy was designed to avoid.

#32     Aug 12, 2010
  3. #34     Aug 18, 2010
  4. Eight, I'm interested in your theory on Sunspot cycles. I did a bit of reading on this and I was of the understanding that we saw an increase in sunspot activity around 2008 when the crash occured. And this year we are getting some pretty severe activity also. So I think the theory is that low sunspot activity is good for the market and high activity is bad for the market.

I agree that negative ions do make people feel better, but sunspot activity is generally associated with dangerous events such as technology failure and burst pipelines.

#35     Aug 18, 2010
  5. steoli

steoli

#36     Aug 18, 2010