Peter Schiff: bernanke is lying!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wrong thread, dude. You're talking about the Fed and bailout gangs in D.C. and Wall Street.

Schiff has NOTHING to do with the policies that are killing the USD. He hates them, in fact. He's just telling people how to protect themselves financially.

Oh, and when crime skyrockets in your neighborhood, blame your neighbors for “bailing out” when they saw trouble coming. They should’ve been patriotic and proudly stayed put. The crime is their fault, not the robbers and looters.

#11     Apr 29, 2011
  2. Why does everybody get angry when the Federal Reserve raises your taxes??

:D

#12     Apr 29, 2011
  3. He has 50% of his own money in physical gold, half of the rest in miners and the rest I don't know but I take it indeed it is made up by foreign resource companies and currencies.

When he shared this on his radio show (must have been 2 to 3 years ago now) he adviced others not to follow his lead and go more diversified rather then so overweight gold.

#13     Apr 29, 2011
  4. Peter is "right". The dollar is falling and will continue to fall until the trade deficit is corrected. That is what competing currencies do and it is right and proper that this happens. He is also right from an investor point of view. People should run away from dollars and dollar denominated (fixed interest rate) assets. Fortunately, he is quite wrong concerning his "sky is falling" assessment of the actual US economy. Wages will be rising and unemployment will be easing as the stuff we buy from offshore becomes more and more expensive. Peter is an investor. Not an economist. The result of dollar devaluation is a rise in the value of domestic labor. That is _why_ the FED has a dual role. The 2007 "bubble" inflated asset values vis a vis labor. And until that situation is addressed the dollar must continue to fall. As "investors" move their money offshore and buy gold then _REAL_ wages in the USA _MUST_ rise or there will be a mass upheaval. This will appear as inflation and owning one's home is the standard inflation shield for the producer class. Look for the bottoming of housing prices in the next 6 months. Bernanke is doing what must be done. It remains to be seen whether the voting public is intelligent enough to understand it.

#14     Apr 29, 2011
  5. Diversification is always good. IF he's held on to that gold he has a fat wallet right now.

#15     Apr 29, 2011
  6. rew

rew

There are no U.S. corporations. There are only multinational corporations that have found Delaware to be a good flag of convenience. Even when they prosper they don't hire American citizens. If you believe that U.S. stocks are going down in real terms (i.e., in terms of what you can buy with the proceeds after you sell them) then it is only prudent to advice people to sell those stocks. The biggest enemies of the United Sates reside in Washington, D.C. It is Bernanke who makes the jobs or our enemies easier.

#16     Apr 29, 2011
  7. I'd count on the "mass upheaval" first.
    ymmv, fwiw and imho

#17     Apr 29, 2011
  8. Depends on what his goals are. :D

Maybe if you did an inventory of his economic accomplishments and saw a consistent thread through them, he might be really successful at what he's trying to do. :D

#18     Apr 29, 2011
  9. dtan1e

dtan1e

because the fed taxes the economy so much that all business has to cut cost, cut staffs, hire cheaper so that they can "pay their taxes," hence, the high unemployment

#19     Apr 29, 2011
  10. Don't you have that backwards? Isn't the (dollar devaluation) tax increase through cheaper dollars via the Quantitative Easing supposed to increase employment? You know - raise taxes, increase employment...?

I'm very confused....

#20     Apr 29, 2011