Peter Fonda calls Obama a Traitor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 19, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2011051...filmfestivalcannesusobamafonda_20110518154556

CANNES, France (AFP) – Peter Fonda launched a four-letter attack on US President Barack Obama at the Cannes film festival on Wednesday, calling him a traitor over the handling of the aftermath of the Gulf oil spill.

The star of the 1969 road movie "Easy Rider" was in Cannes for the premiere of "The Big Fix" by Rebecca and Josh Tickell, the only feature documentary in the official selection at the Cannes film festival this year.

Fonda -- a keen environmentalist and co-producer of the film which centres on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon, the ensuing spill and its consequences -- accused Washington of trying to gag reporting on the issue.

"I sent an email to President Obama saying, 'You are a f(expletive) traitor,' using those words... 'You're a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military -- in this case the coastguard -- what they can and could not do, and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do'."

Fonda, who said he sent the email last week, appears in "The Big Fix" trying to get on to Louisiana beaches to assess the impact of the biggest oil spill in US history, only to be turned away by BP clean-up personnel.

Speaking at a press event at the American Pavilion to promote the film, Fonda denounced BP as "a bunch of Brits -- I thought we kicked them out a long time ago. They tried to get back in in 1812, but they didn't make it."

2. Peter Fonda sends the President an e-mail with the '' F '' word in it and the thread here on ET gets 4 stars. :) .

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

It should be 5 stars.

4. pspr

pspr

Peter Fonda should know. His sister is one.

5. I call it a hoax. It's nothing but a simple technique to convince the public that Obama is a centrist.

Get all the far left wackos to come out against him to distance Obama from the far left just in time for the 2012 campaign.

Next please.

6. Seems widely reported and of course Peter Fonda has always been his own man.

7. I like your style. We often underestimate just how diabolical these people truly are. I think you are right on target.

8. saxon

saxon

9. Ricter

Ricter

Religious. Nutty.

There are in fact people left of Obama. Lots of 'em.

10. saxon

saxon

Yes, they will stop at nothing in their efforts to sap and impurity our precious bodily fluids.

#10     May 20, 2011