Pete Buttigieg for president

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Typically I don't like to start new threads when there are already threads existing which address the subject, but I make an exception in this case because the other threads have already devolved into the usual adolescent minded nonsense we, including me, allow ourselves to get trapped in. I start this thread because IMO this guy is worth a serious look. What happens as his candidacy proceeds will allow us to take a deeper look into him, and perhaps more importantly give us an indication of just how far off the rails the left has gone.
    He was just on MSNBC this morning for a very lengthy interview. Yes, I watched them over there because unlike the fascist left I want to allow people to present their best argument without shouting them down.
    I found him to be extremely intelligent and well spoken. He presents himself very professionally and at the same time down to earth. While not agreeing with all of his positions, he does present very coherent arguments as to why he believes as he does. I was quite impressed at this first blush.
    He has strong support among those with higher incomes and education. I can see why. He has trouble with the lower end, especially "people of color". Given the state of affairs that's understandable as well. The question is will he be able to attract enough support among the radicals at BLM, the hardcore feminists, and the ANTIFA crowd. These are the lunatics who currently drive dem policy and who most of the dem candidates pander to on a daily basis. I'll be curious to see how he holds up under the dem primary, which I doubt he survives. I think he would do very well nationally based on what I saw this morning,(that could of course change with time), but I just don't think the crazies on the left will back him during the primaries, and the crazies are running the show. Too bad really, he's someone I could at least consider at this point.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. White and male.

That's a tough slog for a dem candidate.

He has taken Beto's place as the one who is being dished up as the candidate to go ga-ga over and that is definitely a step up anyway.

Y'all remember Beto right?

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  3. He's a contender.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

If he clinches nomination (extremely unlikely), Trump will crush him. I do not think our country is ready for gay president.

AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    OH HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
    EH HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

LacesOut likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

---And we do mean Ga-Ga----

TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  7. Let me guess: Trump University Laughing Academy and Barber College?

8. destriero

destriero

Captain Obvious loves the cake boys!

9. UsualName

UsualName

Mr. Bootyjudge does a lot of calculated things when he talks.

First, he almost never gets into specifics, which is good. Trump never gets into specifics and uses specifics to bash people. Remember things like healthcare his specifics was to rid of the lines around states. Never the costs, expected coverage gains etc etc.

Second, he speaks in values. He constantly refers to his Christian faith and kitchen table issues.

Third, he’s selective with his words, he uses the word “hope” repeatedly as opposed to “fight” which he almost never says.

Fourth, he punches up. Currently, Pence is his punching bag and he pulls Pence to answer his challenges. And he punches in a respectful way. Never nasty.

Fourth, he understands politics does not have to pervade every aspect of your life. He had a good take on chic-fil-a, that he disagrees with their politics but approves of their chicken.

Bootyjudge is a real contender. Don’t expect him to pull away though. We are almost certain to have a brokered Democratic convention.

10. LacesOut

LacesOut

Now that the Dems have forgotten about skateboarding no Charity fake Mexican Beta Male - ButtnGag is next on the FAWN LAWN that is MSNBC.

#10     Apr 18, 2019
    TreeFrogTrader and Buy1Sell2 like this.