Pesticides-nail to US economy coffin

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AKHENATON, Mar 30, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

"ZZZ..." there seems to be of late an increase in the number of refugees or is it refuse from yahoo chat boards.

#11     Mar 30, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm not sure what this may or may not have to do with pestisides, but its been a serious global problem for several years now. I havent read your article yet, but I know that the price to rent some bee's on your proparty for a few weeks has gone up a ton in the last few years because of the sudden disapearences of hives across the country and world.

Brandon

#12     Mar 30, 2008
  3. Sheeple. You're the one scared by all that garbage in the media. Not me.

#13     Mar 30, 2008
  4. bellman

bellman

actually years... I've got a family member who is a beekeeper.

#14     Mar 30, 2008
  5. agmccall

agmccall

Companies are not greedy the government that seizes their assets are greedy

Congress only bails people out when the media whips the sheeple into a frenzie that everything is a CRISIS

I gusee you did not pay attention to when Jimmy Carter was president , I wonder why nobody says "What would jimmy carter do?"

THe only problem George Bush has had as a president is he acts like a modern day parent. The liberals Cry Cry Cry and throw tantrums so he gives them a cookie to shut them the fuck up. That really screws the rest of us.

I do not know about the rest of you but we need to stop blaming George Bush for everything.

Everybody wants a handout and if they don't get it then there is a crisis.

The bees are Dying give someone money. How about we load the pollen on a plane and cropdust the avacados.

STOP relying on the government to solve problems and STOP blaming Government for a Crisis that does not exist.

The only National Disaster is People refuse to take care of themselves and are full of envy of anyone that succeeds and instead of doing better for yourselves you seek to punish the achievers.

All problems solved when government moves out of the way.

All crisis's averted when we take personal responsibility.

Fuck the BEES

#15     Mar 30, 2008
  6. #16     Mar 30, 2008
  7. F&*^ the Bees, screw the trees, finds you eventually gasping for air on your knees. :eek:

:D

#17     Mar 30, 2008
  8. ammo

ammo

no disrespect to the OP,but nail in the coffin is another example of how we are gaining momentum to the gloom and doom theory and that is a telltale sign of a botttom, at least we're close

#18     Mar 30, 2008
  9. <i>"no disrespect to the OP,but nail in the coffin is another example of how we are gaining momentum to the gloom and doom theory and that is a telltale sign of a botttom, at least we're close"</i>

Bottom of what? The existing reality of a crisis in the food supply has zero to do with where the Dow is now.

b.f.d. where BSC trades to, or any other piddling, trivial matter like the US stock market. That's just micro-picture drivel in overall landscape.

Some of the replies in this thread fully support what was said at the open: people dismiss mere "bugs" as a non-issue, focused instead on where the stock market is trading today. That type of blinders-on shallow thinking is exactly the overall problem. Five miles removed from the food chain production that sustains their lives, so therefore it doesn't matter.

#19     Mar 30, 2008
  10. I first became aware of the bee issue several months ago, and remember feeling that the problem would continue to grow and eventually begin to affect our "way of life" in a much larger way than a cursory analysis would suggest. It's somewhat ironic to me in a way, if one can imagine that we are bees, working harder than ever before, longer hours, moving away from extended family for work purposes, we can see the bees as a metaphor for modern existence. Now, before you all flame me for being a doom and gloom guy, let me assert that i'm not. I'm just a happy go lucky thinker. And I'm willing to think a bit outside the box.
    Fuck the bees??? No sir, Fuck YOU.

#20     Mar 30, 2008