Personality disorders caused by the internet

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nutmeg, Jul 2, 2009.

1. The internet doesn't cause anything.

#11     Jul 4, 2009
  2. CET

CET

Correct. Use of the internet may expose traits or behaviors in people, but it does not cause anything. It is interesting when people say ole Joe or Jane really changed because of X, Y or Z, but the fact is that you are just seeing aspects of the person that were already there. The right set of circumstances will expose all kinds of bad behavior in anyone. Man up and be responsible for your conduct, whatever it may be.

#12     Jul 4, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

I really do have Asperger's a bit, not much empathy, not too interested in reading people really, I read books and the internet has been my home since way back... my dad was autistic, reading him was life threatening at times, I recall him grabbing me and throwing me on the floor unconscious because I was annoying him... mom was just nuts too, she would do the psychological damage thingy any chance she got.... and she seemed to have a real gift for it too... gotta love 'em though...

Internet years are like dog years, the first two advance you fifteen and then it's five for every year after that...

Wifey's dad was a Narcisstic Personality Disorder JERK.. lucky for me for that, a little mild Autism is a vacation for her compared to that BASTARD... not that she isn't a little Aspergered up anyhow... Jeez, we buried her SHIT HEAD dad two years ago and I still HATE the guy.. wow... he had a real talent for upsetting people that ever questioned his thinking.. guys like him are fortunately, fairly rare.. here's an oddity about them though, they always excel in some area of life, often academic.. so we wonder how the world is so topsy turvey, the sick minds rise to the top basically... I was open to many people regarding how I couldn't stand the guy, it almost rose to a murder investigation but basically I was nice to him for the inheritance sake and it worked out, he croaked right on schedule for what he was diagnosed with... I recall sitting there, he knew he was a goner so he says "well, I guess there is nothing left to do but die" and I almost said "go for it dude"... that year of taking care of him I learned how to not say things, it's important to not speak one's mind very often :)

Trade well or die folks!!

Happy 4th, I'm off to have some hot dogs and whatall...

#13     Jul 4, 2009