Personal slaves are OK with Repubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why, you using them for child labor?

#51     Mar 4, 2011
  2. Not me, I just like kids. I've been working in AZ lately so I have to have I-9's on everyone. For all of you who think we ought to emulate Arizona, go work out there with the people a while, you might not be so fond of them then. One state you don't want yours to be like is Az.

"I don't wear no Stetson But I'm willin' to bet son That I'm as big a Texan as you are"
    Terry Allen

#52     Mar 4, 2011
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Only way to track who is illegal is to track who is legal. Should there be one national database listing all approved persons in this country. Still does not protect you from fake ID's or Government incompetence maintaining the database.

Maybe it can be done, but there are many reasons the Government does not want to do it. Economic and mostly political.

#53     Mar 8, 2011
  4. Mostly economic reasons, not political.

#54     Mar 8, 2011
  5. Mercor

Mercor

If the Democrats tried to impose some National database used to find illegals they would lose the Hispanic vote overnight.

If suddenly Business lost the ability to hire low wage illegals, they can survive by raising prices to offset the higher wages.

So more political for Democrats and slightly economic for Republicans and the public

#55     Mar 8, 2011
  6. It is economics first.

Most everything in this country is about money. Politics are just one means to that end.

Businesses, if they were moral, would not hire illegals...which just shows that business is essentially amoral, and these days, mostly immoral.

Dems have had the Hispanic vote long before illegal immigration was an issue. Why? Because of their Catholicism, which places a great emphasis of caring for the members of society through acts, not just preaching empty rhetoric the way other Christian religions do.

#56     Mar 8, 2011
  7. Mercor

Mercor

As I said several times before. How does a business find out who is illegal?

Why does the Government seem not wanting to build a fence or provide help to its business community to identify illegals?

#57     Mar 8, 2011
  8. So you are the one who decides what and who is moral and immoral.

#58     Mar 8, 2011
  9. By demanding evidence of legality.

You are going to make the argument that no such thing exists, but most who hire illegals know exactly what they are doing when they hire illegals.

I am all for ending the illegal problem, but a fence is not the solution. No jobs for illegals, no health care, no anchor babies, etc. is the only reasonable solution.

If you don't have food for roaches or mice to eat they forage elsewhere.

It really is criminal and the fault lies with businesses, our own government, and the Mexican government.

Were we to really address the issue, it would force Mexico to look to their own problems and help their people make some progress.

I look at the illegal situation, and the level of corruption reminds me of something out of the Godfather. The Godfather has the pols in his pocket, they pay off the border patrol, and they get a kickback from the businessmen they provide protection (easy ability to get cheap labor) to. Nothing personal, just business.

#59     Mar 8, 2011
  10. What about the term illegal don't you grasp?

In a secular society, law is the arbiter of morality.

Business is on the wrong side of the law, therefore they are immoral.

#60     Mar 8, 2011