Personal slaves are OK with Repubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh Jesus. Enough with the hyperbole. Yeah, Reagan wanted to crush the working class. That was his dream. Mission accomplished. Look man, if you can't make an argument without resorting to hyperbole, can you please refrain from making one in the future?

#31     Mar 3, 2011
  2. A pro illegals argument from, you guess it, a capitalist American.

#32     Mar 3, 2011
  3. Okay, take away "crush the working class" and replace it with "put the working class in their place." No hype, just the facts.

#33     Mar 3, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, the only reason we had a working class is because a democrat dropped a bomb on Japan and Germany. Talk about crushing the working class. That's if you want to stick to the facts.

#34     Mar 3, 2011
  5. We can argue about what's a fair wage for a specific type job, but that's not the point. I just don't see how a person that claims to have strong opposition to illegal immigration, and then takes the position that it's OK to hire illegal immigrants. Either you oppose illegals working in this country, as I do, or you don't. You guys want it both ways. Shutdown the border, except for a few poor souls we'd like to exploit for their cheap labor. Sorry fella's, but that just B.S. and you know it.

#35     Mar 3, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

You should change your name from Captainobvious, to captainoblivious. The only thing anyone said was that it would be almost impossible for an individual, (not a business) to check if every person who ever did anykind of maintenance at their house was here legally. There is millions of people in Texas, in order for everyone to be able to check the citizenship of every single person who ever did some kind of minute work on their property, you would have to create an entire new branch of government, just to monitor it all.

No one here has said that it is "ok" to hire illegal immigrants, all we have argued over is the amount of redtape that would be involved in requiring every day citizens to check the citizenship for every single person who ever did any kind of work on their house.

#36     Mar 3, 2011

7. Damn, if that isn't a reach.

#37     Mar 3, 2011
  8. Can't wait till some of the I hate Mexican crowds have the gang banger, excon, drug addicted, tattooed Americans working on their concrete driveway, their house was robbed and their husband had the shit beat out of him, daughter is pregnant with a little Leroy, but hey we hired American.

"I don't wear no Stetson But I'm willin' to bet son That I'm as big a Texan as you are"

#38     Mar 3, 2011
  9. Hyperbole, straw man, just plain wrong...

#39     Mar 3, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I don't know. It's mostly work you could train a monkey to do.

#40     Mar 3, 2011