Personal slaves are OK with Repubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Again your argument has no basis in reality, when i used to do light construction work for my uncle in the summer i got paid 8 dollars an hour, and i had to pay taxes on that, 10 dollars an hour cash sounds about right for a random grunt worker with no trade certificate. In university sometimes when times got tough i went to labour ready and worked for the day and i can assure you the jobs they had you doing down there were a hell of alot worse then anything on a construction site, and they only paid 8 dollars an hour.

I worked in restaraunts for 6 dollars an hour so dont give me this shit that 10 dollars an hour cash is like slave labor, especially when there is people all over the world who are legitimately working for slave wages at less then a dollar a day.

And for the record, no i am not in support of illegals getting paid under the table or them being here at all for that matter, im just pointing out that your argument is absurd.

#21     Mar 3, 2011

2. Is that kinda like "just say no" ?

This subject reminds me of all the talk about the trade deficit while buying cheap China made shit at Wal-Mart. Or the Mexican border drug wars and smoking some imported dope on the weekends.
    The politicians are more concerned with union busting and driving down real American citizens wages than doing something that actually helps the middle class.

This will not change unless the laws change at the federal level.
    I wish they would clamp down immediately, I could make much more in my roofing business if there were no illegal workers.

#22     Mar 3, 2011
  3. May I ask how old you are? Cause of you're like 15 I can understand your argument. Ten bucks an hour has been a shit wage for decades.

#23     Mar 3, 2011
  4. chartman

chartman

+1

#24     Mar 3, 2011
  5. Hello

Hello

Thats the whole point, when you work these shit jobs there are 15 year olds who can, and will do them, so one shouldnt expect to walk onto a construction site and get paid 30 dollars an hour as a grunt worker just because they showed up, as there will always be a kid out there willing to do them. Its called supply and demand.

No one who is sane walks into one of those jobs and says, "this is where i want to end up the rest of my life." Smart people either stay on with the company long enough to get raises, or long enough to get some kind of trade schooling where they are worth something and they will get paid more. For me when i was working shit jobs like that it was incentive to go to school and get my degree and then make something of myself.

#25     Mar 3, 2011
  6. You've lost touch with reality. Apparently you find it easier to manufacture conspiratorial bullshit and rail against it than face your own shortcomings.

#26     Mar 3, 2011
  7. There is slavery of being owned, and there is slavery of being dependent.

Yes, people are free to quit, but when they are economically dependent...they are not as free as you suggest.

#27     Mar 3, 2011
  8. Mercor

Mercor

They call it wage slavery. perfected by the unions and to think these wage slaves even pay the union boss hogs for the privilege of punching a clock.

Americans were made to be entrepreneur. Free the marketplace remove obstacles to start new business like corporate taxes, minimum wage, regulations...etc
    Remember all these Government regulations only strengthen the powers that be and keep out competition and new start-ups.

#28     Mar 3, 2011
  9. Mercor

Mercor

It very obvious you have never run a business that utilized low wage workers.
    When you hired these folks they show you a green card and usually Mexican ID and Soc Sec. card. Sure the green cards pictures look very similar to each other and the SSN 's are in order. As an employer what do you do.
    Try calling the Soc. Sec. office for confirmation and they are not able to tell you if the numbers are good. INS has no tracking on green cards.

All those fake soc. sec. numbers are being paid into but the government knows they do not need to pay those out. It helps pad the Soc Sec. fund and allows the government to borrow more.
    The Federal Government has a larger incentive to not fix the problem.

#29     Mar 3, 2011
  10. You think unregulated greed is a solution?

Don't pay much attention to history, do you?

You know, in China, they build their buildings with substandard materials, don't make them earthquake resistant, don't care about the quality of life for workers...BECAUSE THEY DON'T VALUE HUMAN LIFE.

Shit, you could kill 500 million of the Chinese labor force...and it wouldn't change their equation much at all.

Another mindless post below of someone who claims to be about life and freedom, but doesn't really stop to think about what allows a safe and happy life for all the people.

Best time in America?

Post WWII. Strong patriotic companies, strong unions to balance the power.

Your "Americans were made to be entrepreneur" statement is historical and a realistic nonsense.

#30     Mar 3, 2011