Personal Journey - The Goal is Survival

Discussion in 'Journals' started by anglagard, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Hi Joe,

Congrats on your first steps, talking to wife, opening account, funding the account. Always very exciting when you take those first steps.

I'm amazed at the time you sim traded without using cash, that's just tremendous discipline. Had I done that, I would have saved myself around 100k, easy.

I'm curious, have you been following the markets lately, if so, what are you thoughts on say US Indices.

Great to read your journal, wishing you the best.

FoN

#41     Aug 1, 2011
  2. Thank you for the kind words.

I have no opinion on the markets, it would be worthless as I have no idea how to predict markets long term.

All I know is the US indices cannot go to 0, unlike companies, and that over the of course of time they tend to have a bullish or sideways tendency, save for the 2000 bubble of the Nasdaq. For longer term investments if the company, solid comapnies only or ETF does not pay dividends I'm not interested, but I know very little about this department.

When I trade I try to react to key areas and make short term predictions based on the price action at hand but long term I haven't got a clue which is why I plan to stick to daytrading, not particularly the close of 4PM but no overnight swings unless the instrument allows it, futures perhaps, when I'm senior enough to handle them in cash. It will take a while until I'm ready for futures as I'm thinking of going with a 6000.00 base when taking trades and that's roughly 50 shares of SPY. If I'm not mistaken, 1 ES contract is roughly 500 shares of SPY. Oh yes, it wil be a while :)

Joe

#42     Aug 2, 2011
  3. ammo

ammo

what did you do for a living til now joe

#43     Aug 2, 2011
  4. Used to fix broken personal computers for a small local shop, prior to that a different shop but same line of work.

Worked 10-12 hours a day to be able to supply the family but no matter how much I wanted to continue, the company just could not keep me due to the recession.

Nowadays most kids are well versed in personal computers so they get hired instead for very little money and of course for their superior stamina.

Joe

#44     Aug 2, 2011
  5. ammo

ammo

where did you pick up the skill and how fast did you improve at it

#45     Aug 2, 2011
  6. Mostly through computer repair books and magazine articles, with experience I was able to improve dramatically, although I'm not sure how to compare myself against others.

I was very honest in my line of work and kept a clean area, responsible with the hours and respectful with coworkers and customers, but life not easy my friend, sometimes that's not enough.

Joe

#46     Aug 2, 2011
  7. ammo

ammo

you write nicely so the respectful part is obvious,the reason i asked is because i compared my early journey with carpentry,i started very young and all they would let me do was pull the nails out of the used lumber,the 1st step,.. eventually i was able to build a wall,learn to cut a roof,stairs,a whole house,..point is ,learn one thing that at a time, a reliable setup and work it ,the nips or cleavages work well,as you are busy barely trading ,but profitably ,and earning some confidence,you will look for more setups,learn those 1 at a time and it will slowly all come together

#47     Aug 2, 2011
  8. The sentiment is the same with you. I have read your posts and teachings in the ES journal from B1S1, you are a kind person.

Any ideas how I can get nipples and cleavages in Ninja Trader ? By the way the names crack me up :D

Joe

#48     Aug 2, 2011
  9. ammo

ammo

i would open an acct at think or swim,the charts,the seminars,the chatrooms,all free and a great education,i had a few accts with ninja and i couldnt get the hang of it,i'm pretty limited tech wise and tos is built for that type of trader

#49     Aug 2, 2011
  10. I think all I really need to study your method is a Market Profile add on for NT.

Will do some research.

Thanks Ammo

Joe

#50     Aug 2, 2011