Personal background

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scientist, Jul 31, 2003.

1. :)

www.philhendrieshow.com

:D

#21     Aug 5, 2003
  2. cable

cable

Scientist,

If you haven't read any Ayn Rand yet, you should check out 'Atlas Shrugged'. Big slow read, but well worth it.

And I don't know why everybody's after you to prove who you are or what you're making in the markets. This is the freakin' INTERNET, where EVERYBODY wears a mask of deception. If I say I'm George Soros (am I?) it will be pretty impossible to prove or disprove... don't take anything here at face value - prove or disprove everything for yourself, right? I judge each post based on its quality, not by who's saying it.

So far (to me) you seem legitimate. At least you put forth the effort, unlike many who attack your contributions while contributing nothing themselves.

BTW, if you've got something to teach, there are many here ready to learn... if you decide not to write your book, an ET journal would be great as well, what with our short attention spans and all.

#22     Aug 5, 2003
  3. Dear Brother Cable,

Only 6 posts and already one of the most well-thought-out and intelligent on the board! I am impressed!

'Atlas Shrugged'! I LOVE this book!!! Actually, as you may derive from my first post on this thread, my convictions are modelled quite a lot around the concepts of achievement etc perpetuated in it! I may even still have the hardcover somewhere...

'Judging every post by its quality' - That's exactly what it's about. I wish some of those negative ET members would get their heads around it. But well... Too bad for them.

Regarding anybody 'being after me' - You know what; I really don't care. :) Of course I could prove that I'm not falsifying, but that would come at the cost of my privacy, and that's not worth it. Besides, there's no point. Why bother?

However, there is a point in sharing some of my experiences and convictions with people, in the hope that I may be able to help others achieve their dreams. Those who don't want it don't have to - Those who want to listen - can. If they don't think any of what's written here can help them, then they can move straight on. I'm taking no prisoners here. It's up to them.

At some stage in life, when life has treated you well, you just feel like you want to give something back. Some people won't understand this, since they're already so preoccupied with the idea that everybody only acts in their own interest that they won't even notice if something else crosses their way. That's just the sad world they live in... They'll never get out of it, either...

And regarding your contribution point: You're very right there, too. It's quite funny how the most useless members (in terms of contributions) launch the most destructive forms of critical attack. I wish some of these people understood the term 'constructive criticism'... But wherever there is a conglomeration of great value, there has to be that element of 'destructive spirit', like the 'black eye' of yang in the yin. ET is a great example for that.

Again - I greatly appreciate your input!

My Compliments and All the Best,
    ~The Scientist :cool:

#23     Aug 5, 2003