Persecuted?!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by atticus, Sep 19, 2008.

1. My wife just joked that I had used it this week. I've never seen nor heard "misunderestimated" until today.

#21     Sep 19, 2008
  2. Bush and the neocon borg are PERSECUTING the middle class tax payers

WASHINGTON - Struggling to stave off financial catastrophe, the Bush administration on Friday laid out a radical bailout plan with a jawdropping price tag — a takeover of a half-trillion dollars or more in worthless mortgages and other bad debt held by tottering institutions.

#22     Sep 19, 2008
  3. And no Gov. Palin, you cannot see Russia from [mainland] Alaska. The curvature of the Earth prevents it.

#23     Sep 19, 2008
  4. I just posted on another thread that you can?! (you saw it and you're fucking with me :D :D)

WTF! I can see Michigan from Sheridan Rd (granted from several stories or more) a few times a year. How far you rekon that distance? Gotta be 50 miles, eh? I'll research this B.

#24     Sep 19, 2008
  5. "Sarah Palin told Charlie Gibson that Russia was Alaska’s next door neighbor. If you stand on the highest point on Alaska’s Little Diomede island, you can see Big Diomede, which belongs to Russia. Russia normally calls their Big Diomede as Ratmanov Island.

Big Diomede is on the other side of the International Date Line. So, if you stand on Alaska’s Little Diomede, you can see into the future. In Winter, when the sea freezes over, you can walk from Little Diomede to Big Diomede. You must have your passport and other documents on hand in case the Russians on Big Diomede insist on processing your entry."

http://odeo.com/episodes/23356256-Explainer-Can-You-Really-See-Russia-From-Alaska

#25     Sep 19, 2008
  6. ak15

ak15

She's presumably or arguably the hot chick from the cold zone. Maybe she thinks her 'curvature' has something to do with it or it could be the theists distinguishing themselves from the deists.

#26     Sep 19, 2008
  7. I stand corrected -- I didn't realize she stated "island" in her remarks, yet, you can only see the other Diomede, not the Russian mainland.

#27     Sep 19, 2008
  8. No you're right-she didn't specifically mention the word island. B this is like Bible parable stuff and you're looking for literal interpretations. :p

#28     Sep 19, 2008
  9. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Ummm, correction! The Earth is FLAT outside of Gov. Palin's window, enabling her to see past Moscow all the way to the edge of the Earth. Get your facts straight, man!!

#29     Sep 20, 2008
  10. As an aside, I notice that Palin also has the 'nookyuhler' diease. She tried to say nuclear during her address at the convention but couldn't quite pull it off.

So in 8 years, did no one tell Bush that he was mispronouncing the word, or was he unable to change even though they told him?

"Mr. President, say 'new'. Now say 'clear'. There you go!" (I mean not exact but close enough).

#30     Sep 20, 2008