Perry Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Wallet

Wallet

In all fairness to Newt, actually all the remaining candidates in the GOP, while we criticize their ever nuance, comparing them to last years DNC field is apples to oranges…. What did we have, a couple of junior Senators with little to no experience?

The problem everyone has with Newt is his record, but that’s one of the fallacies of spending time in public office. Most bills are packed with additions that have little or no bearing to the original bill, so voting on record or even being absent is fuel for the opposition, as they can spin it to their own desire. Voting, your dammed if you do, dammed of you don’t.

The current NDAA legislation is a typical example, the questionable military authorization against US citizens….. they pack the provisions into a bill that is suppose to fund the military… so if you vote against it, well then, you don’t support our armed forces. Laugh now but those few who voted against the bill will have that thrown at them in their next elections, wait and see. Would that be a lie to state that in a commercial? Dr Paul although not present at the vote, was criticized for not voting, by people on these boards. To put that to rest he has introduced legislation that would strike the critical areas of the NDAA bill.

Newts problem is he’s been too long in the public eye, even Paul has had irrelevant stuff dug out of obscurity, twisted by the media in an effort to damage him…… Romney? Well just open your nearest tabloid the MSM is having a field day, now even attacking his Tithing to his Church. Every thing can be spun, even some lefist posters here admit that Romney is being lied about, "but it's just politics" is the excuse.

What’s the flip side of this debate. To judge our President all we have to view is his last 3 years as POTUS, his voting record in the Senate and even his time in the Illinois legislature is limited at best. His personal life before that? It’s hidden from view by millions of dollars and a fist full of law firms.

#41     Jan 19, 2012
  2. #42     Jan 19, 2012
  3. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, he should be a single and have alot of girlfriends like he wants to do. Or he can be mormon. Or he can lie. :D

#43     Jan 19, 2012
  4. Cheating is one thing,open marriages are another

And this happens to be the same guy who wants to add a definition of marriage amendment to the constitution

#44     Jan 19, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Bill Clinton probably f*cked over 50 women while he was married. If that is not an open marriage, I don't know what is. LOL. And btw, an open marriage is far better then cheating. Cheating is lying. An open marriage means you are upfront about it.

#45     Jan 19, 2012
  6. Epic

Epic

So what about a guy like Newt, who cheats until he can't hide it anymore, and then requests an open marriage?

#46     Jan 19, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, I'm not going to defend Newt. He's a pos in my book. I'm simply saying so is Clinton and John Edwards and Anthony Weiner and 98% of the people in Washington. If you are looking for saints in Washington, you won't find any.

#47     Jan 19, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

True.

I actually have one very important rule that I've learned never to break in business. Never partner with a guy who cheats on his wife. If his own wife can't trust him then neither can I. Cheating is also grounds for termination in my company.

#48     Jan 19, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You won't find many business partners then. LOL. :)

#49     Jan 19, 2012
  10. Epic

Epic

Ahhh, if you don't live in certain locations I think the moral fibers in America are still strong enough to find partners with that kind of integrity.

#50     Jan 19, 2012