Perry Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Newt is done. It's over.

#11     Jan 19, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Man, I hope Newt stays in long enough to do this next debate. This is going to be the best entertainment ever. Move over Tim Tebow, we have a new ratings champ. :)

#12     Jan 19, 2012
  3. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

lol

http://www.wmal.com/Article.asp?id=2375989

#13     Jan 19, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

Isn't the interview supposed to air on Nightline the same night as the debate?

#14     Jan 19, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

He called his 2nd wife (while still married to her) from his apt. while in bed with his current wife and told his 2nd wife that he loved her and wanted an open marriage.

I'm not sure how that is going to play. It may lose some votes from women but I doubt many men will care.

There is supposed to be a snippet of the interview released this morning at any time.

#15     Jan 19, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I think you're right. But this all seems to me to be deckchair rearrangement schema. Nobody can beat Obama + Leftist Media.

Democracy worked, mostly, for 232 years. It stopped working in 2008.

I would say where I think this goes but the Thought Police would be knocking at my door before long.

#16     Jan 19, 2012
  7. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

You may be right but I think sometimes people just don't want to be associated with someone with a bad image. "Oh you voted for Newt? That scumbag?"

Unless you truly believe in the candidate's message, I think any bad press will scare away voters. Perry endorsing Newt though might neutralize the effect.

#17     Jan 19, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

I think that Newt's main problem is that most of the older generation already knows this stuff, but that is Mitt's strongest voting block. The way that this could hurt Newt is with the 18-30 year olds who aren't that familiar with his past. Ron Paul already captures a big portion of them, and that should increase a bit if they start to see this stuff on Newt and become more familiar with his personal past.

#18     Jan 19, 2012
  9. He might be done in actuality, because the GOP mainline has chosen their candidate. They did when Mittens quit in 2008. I have said this before.

Newt will NOT quit. He has plausible deniability on his side. The jilted ex is pissed card will be played.

Watch and see.

#19     Jan 19, 2012
  10. Damn 377, it gets harder and harder to call you dumb each and every day. But you will still call me a conspiracy nutter, I am sure.:)

#20     Jan 19, 2012