Perry and Jindal won't run in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 21, 2010.

1. http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/1110/Gov_Rick_Perry_wont_run_in_2012.html

Perry shoots down 2012

Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Sunday shot down speculation that make a run for the White House in 2012.

"Being the governor of a state like Texas - or, for that matter, Oklahoma or New Mexico - is a more pivotal job in the future," he said on "Fox News Sunday." "I do, indeed, hope for someone that says I'm going to go to Washington, try to get back to our constitutional roots, devolve this centralization of government back to the states. So why do you want to be up there if the action is down here in the states?"

Also, Perry said he's committed to his new job as chairman of the Republican Governors Association.

"I don't want to be the president of the United States," he said. "I do want to work with these governors across the country to make the states more pivotal, more powerful, as they should be."

2. http://www.politico.com/blogs/polit..._hes_running_for_governor__not_president.html

Jindal says he's running for governor - not president

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said on Sunday he's focused on his own reelection, not a run for the Republican presidential nomination.

"I'm running for reelection in 2011," he said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I am running to be governor of Louisiana. There will be other candidates running for president."

Still, the governor danced around queries about his political future. Asked if he would consider being the vice presidential nominee on the GOP's 2012 ticket, Jindal responded, "I'm not going to turn down something that's not been offered to me."

Pressed again if he would like to be president someday - not necessary in 2012 - Jindal dodged.

"My only political aspiration is to be reelected governor for a second term," he said.

Jindal also said former Alaska Republican Gov. Sarah Palin could make a "compelling case" for president.

"I like governors because they have to balance their budgets, they have to run their states," he said.

3. http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/1110/Clinton_wont_run_in_2012__or_ever.html

Clinton won't run in 2012 - or ever

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton remains firm that she'll not run for president again.

Asked by "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace if she's done pursuing the elected office, Clinton answered, "I am."

"I am very happy doing what I'm doing, and I am not in any way interested in or pursuing anything in elective office," she said.

Clinton laughed off the continued speculation that she might throw her hat into the 2012 presidential ring.

"I love what I'm doing. I can't tell you what it's like, Chris, to everyday get to represent the United States," she said. "That's why I feel so strongly about every issue, from START to Afghanistan."

Recently the secretary brushed off similar questions during her trip to Australia - and made news doing so.

"I've said it over and over again," she said. "And I'm happy to say it on your show as well. I am committed to doing what I can to advance the security, the interests and values of the United States of America. I believe what I'm doing right now is in furtherance of that. And I'm very proud and grateful to be doing it."

4. Hilary,Perry,Jindal...3 credible candidates scared to run against Obama :confused:

5. Since its going to be so easy to beat Obama in 2012 I would think these guys would love to run against him :confused:

Perry ,Jindal and Hilary are more credible then Newt,Palin,Huck, Romney etc