Perpetual upside phase? 100% upside & no risk?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Rex84

Rex84

I don't think we will ever retest our old lows, but to suggest that we go straight up from here is naive

#21     Dec 16, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

from cnbc.com

notice how he mentions "NEW CYCLICAL BULL MARKET"......

Someone needs to pull him out of fantasy land quick.....

Stock Picker: Buy Like a 'Kid In a Candy Store'

Steven Leuthold says investors are now faced with the best opportunities in 46 years.

"We're down in the low 6, 7 percent of historical valuations, when we look at P/Es," the founder and chairman of Leuthold Weeden Capital Management told CNBC. "To me, it's like a kid in a candy store! We've got values all over here for people that are patient."

Recommendations:

So, where is "here?"

"Normally, in the first stage of a new cyclical bull market, where we think we are, the small caps [.RUT 482.85 30.28 (+6.69%) ] are typically the leaders off the bottom," he said. "I think the small caps look more encouraging over, say, the next six to nine months than the large caps."

He finds small-cap biotech stocks and green-wave technology stocks particularly promising.

#22     Dec 16, 2008
  3. SSO for 5 years all the way. You can find my thread and see we were around 25 then. I don't know if he actually does have money invested, but I can say I do, and probably millions of other people do too.

#23     Dec 16, 2008
  4. Futures are telling us we'll have an anti-stock_trad3r day. Maybe he'll shut up, but I doubt it.

#24     Dec 17, 2008
  5. l2tradr

l2tradr

Just buy V, MOS, GOOG, BIDU, RIMM. DOW 14 k by Christmas.

W3rd

#25     Dec 17, 2008
  6. GTS

GTS

There is a difference between the market being aware of more potential bad news and those events actually being priced in.

Example: Unemployment could hit 15% - is that currently priced into the market? No.

If you think the market has already discounted all bad news and that nothing else bad can happen that isn't already expected then I strongly disagree.

Things can easily get a lot worse from here. Its amazing how so many people incorrectly assume the gov't can fix any problem; I guess the alternative is too painful to consider.

#26     Dec 17, 2008
  7. maybe 13K by Christmas 2009

markets are slighly in the red, but will close green because nothing changed fundamentally with regard to US & global economy. All this selling for no compelling reason. No one cares about unemployment and housing starts or auto industry. no one cares about fake recesion and fake credit crunch. Illinois scandals, maddoff, and shoe throwing are dominating the headlines.

• Britain confirms May troop withdrawal on violent day in Iraq
    • Judge orders ankle bracelet, curfew for disgraced investor Madoff
    • Obama picks Tom Vilsack, Ken Salazar for Cabinet posts
    • OPEC cutting 2.2 million barrels from daily production
    • Apple shares take hit as rumors swirl about Steve Jobs' health
    • Business booming for airline that flies illegal immigrants home
    • Sean John, Brooks Brothers sketch Obama inauguration ideas

i know pretty much everything

#27     Dec 17, 2008
  8. yup markets now in green

buy all dips, we're in a new era of perpetual upside just like 2003-2007. Vix is going back to 20. Dow 14,000 within 14 months.

#28     Dec 17, 2008
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It's like that AG Edwards commecial with the broker telling the client "In my experience with this type of market" blah blah blah...the only way he has experience in this type of market is if he is at least 90 years old.

#29     Dec 17, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You guys are total flopping fruit loops! I do agree with you that we could easily be forming a bottom here. I'm long, but your idiots to buy the leaders from the last cycle. New bull markets occur on the legs of new leadership, not the old crap that got killed.

#30     Dec 17, 2008