Perpetual, I spent 100K to go to school and cannot earn income.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 3, 2010.

1. I've added 5 posters to my "Ignore" list just with this one thread.
    All for cruelty.

#41     Aug 4, 2010
  2. Reality is harsh.

#42     Aug 4, 2010
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem

Mitch and Murray sent me...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-AXTx4PcKI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-AXTx4PcKI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#43     Aug 4, 2010
  4. Reality is what we make of it.

#44     Aug 4, 2010
  5. This thread reminds me of a brunch that we went to earlier this spring. The brunch was with my g/f's friends, so I barely knew some of them.

One of her friends was complaining that he had not been able to find work in over a year. I asked what field was he looking to get into. He stated that he would take any work and said that he had applied at Starbucks, Target, etc....

I then asked him what his background was. He told me that he had a graduate degree in musicology from UCLA in a very snippy tone.

Needless to say I had to really bite my tongue to prevent myself from busting out laughing in front of everyone else.

I wonder how much $$$ debt this guy racked up getting "educated"???? :D

#45     Aug 4, 2010
  6. http://www.examiner.com/x-25852-Top...rads-stuck-with-student-loan-debt-and-no-jobs

Ok, I know what you’re thinking. Why is he raising points about employment and consumer confidence? It’s simple. Many of us are encouraging our children to attend college directly after high school. However, there’s one teeny-weeny problem. Right now, the average grad student accumulates approximately $100,000 in student loan debt. If the trade off is a $12 per hour job at Starbucks, does it really make sense to push higher education? Employers claim college grads are inexperienced and generally unprepared to be productive inside the workplace. But I was always under the impression college provided such experience.

And here is another guy with a dumb degree that offers no value. I think most people cannot handle hard science/math/eng so they go for the fluff degrees that are easy and somehow feel entitled to a job.

"Jordan Hueseman accrued roughly $100,000 dollars in student loans getting an undergraduate degree, a minor, and a master of business administration."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38364681/ns/business-economy_at_a_crossroads/

Eleven months was all it took to bring him from post-graduation autonomy back to his parents’ home in Apple Valley, Calif.
    Armed with an undergraduate degree in literary journalism from the University of California, Irvine, and experience from an internship, the 23-year-old Barreto believed he had a better chance than many of his peers to find a job. But more than a year after graduation, Barreto is still struggling to find employment.

#46     Aug 4, 2010
  7. Sounds like you have not been to college/university. Clearly you find no value in higher education for some reason. I am not sure about you guys in the USA, but the average college/university student loan debt is nowhere NEAR that $100,000 figure in Canada.

And we have jobs for our grads as well...

Is noob_trader out to lunch or is this reality in the USA?

#47     Aug 4, 2010
  8. bigb

bigb

nor is it in the USA.....people that rack up these kind of amounts are ivy league/private or get every college loan possible to pay for 10 kegs of beer a day i guess.... I got my degree and never paid a penny. I guess nobody here ever had the grades to be offered a scholarship? They paid all my expenses (books, room and board)plus small living costs. The ones that pay tuition are the poor saps that blew off the easiest high school system in the world and paid for my education and I feel like I hardly did shit in high school. It was just so damn easy! So who cares? Im not sure why you are complaining unless you were the dumb ones paying full tuition to get a communication/psychology, or like felix said, musicology? degree. Otherwise, just keep letting the dumb rich ones pay for the "smarter" ones. I could care less who goes to college but the college years were the best of my life. Sincerely sorry to those who didn't have the same experience.

#48     Aug 4, 2010
  9. Does anyone ever ask for proof that the 100k or more they are paying will return value?

Act of faith?

#49     Aug 4, 2010
  10. Yes it is. You compete with my unwieldy dollars for the same goods. Unless you are spending it on Mars , it damn well is my business.

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes. How dare you post more often than once every 20 minutes

#50     Aug 4, 2010