Perp wear vs victim wear..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maxpi, Aug 7, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I never get robbed or jumped or evn threatened much.. I wonder if it is because I dress like ALL the arrestees I see on Cops? Jeans and tee shirt, right.. unless it's cold weather, then it's jeans, tee shirt and jacket not heavy enough for the weather it seems.. I dunno, i'm not scaredy because I'm working on fighting skills all the time, not saying i'm a great fighter but after lots of years of working on it, and with joint locking stuff I'm picking up recently, i'm probably going to be fine.. I'm not looking for a tussle either but I welcome one and I have to scare up people to learn new things all the time, that is not a fighting thing however, just choreography.

I still think it's the clothes, when I was working and dressed appropriately it seems like I got picked on a bit.. I know, the markets are still paying off, it's fed day, but I'm about through for the day, and have been wondering about this for a long time...

2. what exactly are you wondering? if someone will fight with u?

3. maxpi

maxpi

I don't get any attention around the hood, I don't get it..

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

if you fit in why would you stand out?

5. I'd say it is attitude first. clothes 2nd. Regardless of how you dressed, if you carried a concealed weapon your attitude would show. You would feel powerfull. Think I need bling to prove my point to the world or can I prove my point to myself with numbers in bank book?

Beleive it or not, a perp can see "victim" or "target" a mile away. ever hear a girl say "Seems like I have 'doormat' tatooed on my forehead?" They do. They walk without confidence, no self esteem, and it reflects in their dress.

6. I don't know what "hood" you're hangin' around, but I'll bet I can take you to some in the Chicago area where you'll get all the "attention" you can handle. Jeans and a t-shirt ain't gonna' scare anyone round these parts.

7. my method is to not live in shitty areas

8. ROTFLMAO...that's f*cking funny!!! :D

9. dcvtss

dcvtss

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.