Perniciousness of AIPAC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Apr 5, 2010.

1. #41     Apr 8, 2010
  2. You have your definition which rationalizes the lifestyle of atheistic semites calling themselves jews, and the real good Jews understand how far the atheistic semites have fallen away from Moses's teachings...

Really, it would be as silly as a Catholic saying they are Catholic simply because their money was Catholic?

Lost in the wilderness, you truly are to be so removed from the foundation of Judaism...

#42     Apr 8, 2010
  3. #43     Apr 8, 2010
  4. So you don't subscribe to the definition you gave?

LOL!

It really is an insane definition actually...

You are a jew by a mother's heredity and an atheist...or if you convert to Judaism?

Insane...people don't actually think about the crap people put out, especially about the atheistic Semites for fear of being labeled anti-Semitic...

Foolishness, just goes to show how brainwashed people are by certain groups of influence...

#44     Apr 8, 2010
  5. Sure I do as does all of educated humanity, every jew (including every orthodox and every non-religious jew) and the state of Israel. It's not my definition, it's the universal definition.
    All religious denominations of Judaism agree that a person may be a Jew either by birth or through conversion...According to halakha, the oldest normative definition used by Jews for self-identification, a person is matrilineally a Jew by birth, or becomes one through conversion to Judaism.

Of course there is a very small number of very ignorant people who confuse Jew and Judaism and subscribe to your incorrect definition. But being ignorant uneducated morons they are as inconsequential as internet trolls.

#45     Apr 8, 2010
  6. Well, whether or not anyone here like it, it would appear that a person's criteria for Jewishness is indeed the criteria for Jewishness the world over. Every source I can find indicates that a Jew is one who a)converts to Judaism or b) has a Jewish mother. There are a few very liberal denominations that accept Jewish parentage on either side as qualification. Hence, Judaism is largely ancestral and cultural. Not merely a set of religious beliefs. Those who claim otherwise are ignorant.

#46     Apr 9, 2010
  7. It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. In this sense, Judaism is more like a nationality than like other religions, and being Jewish is like a citizenship.

http://www.jewfaq.org/whoisjew.htm

#47     Apr 9, 2010
  8. I guess we can now verify with certainty that Ricter is a bigot since he openly says he ''feels better'' when people of an ethnic, ancestral, genetically (not religiously) defined group are not present, and calls for arms funding for people who want to kill them. No one would dispute that now right?

#48     Apr 9, 2010
  9. Gee, where is everyone? All of the "I hate Jews and am not racist" crowd all disappeared. How come?

#49     Apr 13, 2010