Perniciousness of AIPAC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Hi phenomena.

When did you get hired? Or are you a reincernation? :D Israel does not carry unsolicited attacks against civilians? Are you Suuuuuuuuuuuure? I mean, are you really, really sure?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1Wdh54w9q8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1Wdh54w9q8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I mean, are you really sure?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhIfgJajx-8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yhIfgJajx-8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Regards,

Sameeh

#31     Apr 7, 2010
  2. I am proud of many friends a_person, including the ones who you worked so hard, and succeeded in booting them out of Elite trader.

#32     Apr 7, 2010
    #33     Apr 7, 2010
  4. Exactly!

Key Facts

•Total direct aid to Israel, 1948-2003
    $89.9 billion (uncorrected for inflation)

•Since 1976 Israel has been the largest annual recipient of US aid. It is the largest cumulative recipient since World War II.

•Direct U.S. aid for each Israeli citizen in 2001 (per capita annual income of Israel = $16,710) -- over $500

•Direct U.S. Aid for each Ethiopian citizen in 2001 (per capita annual income of Ethiopia = $100) -- about $.45

•REGULAR US GRANT AID in FY 2003
    $2.76 billion military aid grant
    $2.1 billion economic support funds
    $600 million refugee resettlement grant

•COMMERCIAL LOAN GUARANTEES IN FY 2003
    $2 billion

•BUSH ADMINISTRATION SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST FOR FY 2003
    Military aid grant $1 billion
    Commercial loan guarantees $9 billion
    Arrow missile development $60 million

•TOTAL AID FOR FY 2003 $14.82 billion

•Percentage of U.S. foreign aid that goes to Israel -- 30%

•Israel's population as a percentage of world population -- .01%

•Section 116 of the Foreign Assistance Act (FAA) states, "No assistance may be provided under this part to the government of any country which engages in a consistent pattern of gross violations of internationally recognized human rights." 22 U.S.C. 2304(a)

•Section 4 of the Arms Export Control Act prohibits selling military equipment to countries that use them for non-self-defense purposes.

•The U.S. State Department determined in February 2001 that Israel has committed each of the acts that the law defines as "gross violations of internationally recognized human rights, including torture or cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment, prolonged detention without charges and trial, causing the disappearance of persons by the abduction and clandestine detention of those persons, and other flagrant denials of the right to life, liberty, or the security of person." It described Israeli army use of live ammunition against Palestinians when soldiers were not in impending danger as "excessive use of force."
    SOURCES: Clyde R. Mark, ?Israel: U.S. Foreign Assistance, Congressional Research Service, updated April 1, 2003; Clyde R. Mark, Middle East: U.S. Foreign Assistance, FY 2001, FY 2002, FY 2003 Congressional Research Service, March 28, 2002

http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/publish/article_17.shtml

Lots of innocent civilians (including children) got killed in the attacks on Gaza, that's what happens in war.
    That's the price they pay for electing a fanatical militant terrorist organization that fires thousands of rockets at a neighboring state, that uses them as human shields, that builds rocket launchers in school yards, ammunition caches in apartment buildings' basements and uses ambulances to transport terrorists and weapons.

The price you pay for exercizing your democratic right is to lose your children! What is so funny is that, according to a_person, it is now OK for Palestinians to target Israeli civilians now that the Israeli people elected "Israel Bytouna", a party which calls for ethnically cleansing all of the Palestinians from their ancestors' land.

#34     Apr 7, 2010
  5. Hmmm. That's interesting. Because that contradicts what you said earlier. Before you said that you didn't give a shit about the pals, you just hated Israel, so pals should get money for rockets. You have gone from not have "any love for pals" to "wanting them to get their land back". Why would you care if they get their land back sooo if you don't give a shit about them? Were you aware they lost it in a preemptive war they waged 1-2 generations ago? But, it's very good that you don't want them to kill jews ''so much''.

Oh, you are American? Before you were Canadian, guess you changed your mind about that too....

The underdog, eh?

[​IMG]

#35     Apr 7, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

This coming from the queen of crying racism against anyone who doesnt like Obama.

You have to appreciate the irony of Rciter being accused of being an anti semite by someone who uses the same bullshit tools he does every day to discredit Obama detractors.

#36     Apr 7, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

Sure hope you dont forget this line ricter i know i wont, remember that you said this every time you try to cry about someone else saying something which is supposedly racist.

#37     Apr 7, 2010
  8. It's the (usually) unspoken rule of marxists- racism is appauling and unacceptable UNLESS it's directed at Jews.

#38     Apr 7, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Pffft. cry more.

I got the quote from Barfly wrong, my bad:

Wanda: I hate the police, don't you?
    Henry: I don't know, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

Sadly, mere type misses Mickey Rourke's unique, lush accent.

Where did you get the idea that racism and Marxism are strongly correlated? And where did you get the idea that jews are a race? They're not, they are a religion.

#39     Apr 8, 2010
  10. The way I look at it, Jews are a people who practice Judaism. Doesn't matter what color they are, they are Jews by virtue of their actions...just like Catholics are not born Catholics, or Protestants are not born Protestants, Muslims are not born Muslims, etc.

Those who look to genetics as their identification do put race as their primary identification. People who say "I am a white, or black, or red, etc. are looking to their identity on the basis of the surface value of skin. If someone hates all blacks, they are a racist. If someone hates all Arabs, they are a racist.

Ask someone the question, "Who are you?"

See what their answer is, and you find how they self identify.

If the answer on the basis of something genetic that cannot be changed, their identity if racial. If their answer is something cultural from birth, i.e. American, French, Canadian (assuming they were born and raised in those cultures...not the product of immigration) they are identifying on the basis of cultural.

Now, if someone says "I am a republican" or "I am a democrat" then they are identifying on the basis of ideology.

If they say "I am a man" or "I am a woman" it is on the basis of gender.

The point is clear.

Now, is there a jewish culture? If someone says "I am a jew who does not practice Judaism or believe in Judaism" but do the ritual things as a societal norm of my culture what are they saying? They are saying they are of a particular ethnicity perhaps or culture...but not on the basis of a religious foundation.

What is the bottom line point?

You can't change your race or ethnicity. So racism or bigotry on the basis of ethnicity is the worst because you are hating someone for something they cannot change.

A person can change their ideology, so if someone says "I hate capitalists" or "I hate Marxists" they are at least hating on the basis of a belief system...that could change!

So if someone says "I love the good Jews, but hate the greedy slimy neocon jews" they are making a judgment on the basis of behavior or ideology, and that is not the same a being a racist, or even being prejudiced, as long as the object of their detest is arrived at on the basis of behavior and ideology.

Can someone be logical and say "I hate right wing extremist republicans, but love the moderate republicans?"

Of course...

#40     Apr 8, 2010