permabull turns bear

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scriabinop23, Mar 13, 2007.

1. within reason of course. I've been doing so poorly lately because I've been doing exactly that.. After yesterday's close, I knew a retest was definitely coming. Covered right near bottom. Decent trading day, especially considering the abuse I received yesterday.

#21     Mar 14, 2007
  2. hels02

hels02

Scri, keep in mind that this is options expiration Friday...

Have faith in your own analysis, you didn't make them in the heat of the moment.

Don't EVER let yourself trade impulsively out of fear.

THE worst time to sell is during a crash. You will take forever to recoup this. If the market crashes, wait a day or 2 to sell, it can't get much worse, it can and will get a bit better.

THE best time to buy is during a crash. There is usually a bounce a day or 2 out if you make a mistake and have to ditch your position (that is, if the crash was truly painful as it was yesterday and 2 fridays ago. Dips don't count).

But... again... this is options expiration week... it's very hard to lose right now, because people have to cover shorts, and they are going to get BLED by the big boys intentionally.

I have NO idea what will happen next week.

#22     Mar 14, 2007
  3. ============
    May be late.

May be not late,
    even today had lower lows, lower highs,QQQQ did squeeze a barely higher close, but its still below 50 day moving average.

And the uptrends[& i like uptrends /downtrends in-qqqq,ES,SPY] in March remind me of a spanish bullfight;
    plenty of bull blood,
    bull looks like he is about to die,
    and the crowd seems to be rooting for the bullfighter, not the bull:D

May or may not take a smaller uptrending position tommorrow;
    FEB uptrends were notable better by many measures.:cool:

#23     Mar 14, 2007
  4. my problem is precisely the opposite - I buy too much too quick.. i don't tend to sell into panic either. maybe sell some puts...

my call was on the basis of a weak close and a chart saying 'we need to retest' like writing on the wall.

#24     Mar 14, 2007
  5. I predict tomorrow will be a good day :).

#25     Mar 14, 2007
  6. Dummy..he went short at the worse possible time. But we need dumb money to keep the markets flowing though.

#26     Mar 14, 2007
  7. yeah look at the weeklies we made a bottom....u can draw a line from recent lows to these...it is a perfect fit.

#27     Mar 14, 2007
  8. what are you talking about?

i shorted ym at 12105 and covered at 11975 area. thats a good trade.

now ready to be long for a while.

#28     Mar 14, 2007
  9. duard

duard

I like the bullfight analogy....

#29     Mar 15, 2007
  10. I will never understand why it's necessary to be a 'bear' or 'bull'... I just think that can get you caught in a losing position real quick.

Why not just go with the flow? It's moving up, consider long; it's moving down, consider short. I don't care if I am long the NQ, short the EC and watching the ES do nothing. As long as the trades are moving, I am happy.

Just don't see the need to claim yourself as a bull or bear. I guess I am a 'BLEAR' - bull and/or bear. :D

#30     Mar 15, 2007