Performance

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by thunderbolt, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lundy

lundy

Can you please explain something to me?

When you say, they made 15 points.... how many stocks did they do that on, and did the plays overlap time wise.

The reason I ask is because I can find a setup in the NDX, and then say buy these 15 stocks....

If it went my way, and the stocks made 1 point each, I could either say I made 1 point total, or I could say I made 15 points total....

It's just like a guy who trades 10 NQ's catches a 2 point move in the NQ's, and says he made 20 points. The correct thing to say is that he made 2 points.

Theres a big difference, get my drift?:confused:

#31     Jun 11, 2002
  2. M-T was smokin' today. Lighting hit for 29.37 pts. and thunder for 7.87 pts. for a total of 37.24 pts!

To answer Lundy's question, it's the total number of pts. the room made for all of their calls(- losses of coarse). Let's say the room hit for 10 pts. on any given day. The room called 20 entries. That's a net of 50 cents per call. Okay, let's say you as a trader only get a net of .20 cents on 8 of those calls. Let's also say you played 500 shares. .20 X 8= $1.60. $1.60 X 500= $800. Then 16(8 round trips)trades X $12(commission)= $192. $800-$192= $608 profit. Not a bad day, uh chief?:D That's on a slow day:cool:

#32     Jun 12, 2002
  3. Thunderbolt,

M-T posts their daily performance on their website. To calculate performance it assumes an entry AND an exit price with the corresponding times for each. Why isn't this information made available ??? For M-T to say every member calls their own entry and exit price is a cop out !!! I don't give a rat's ass what the members do, but for M-T to cite their performance on a daily basis without providing entries, exits, and times IS MEANINGLESS and defies credibility !

#33     Jun 12, 2002
  4. Babak

Babak

thunderbolt,

as someone already said, trying to bs on ET is like sticking your hand into a tank full of pirahnas. ET is not like the yahoo/bull boards you may be used to. Be careful.

#34     Jun 12, 2002
  5. lundy

lundy

It aint bad, but it aint so great either.

Lets say the average price of the stock picks is 15 bucks. 500 x 15 x 8 = $60,000 of capital.... if you make 600 bucks on that, it's roughly 1%.

again, i aint a math wiz, but if i added that up correctly, it aint worth shit.

edit: why don't u just cut the hype and post the exact percentage on capital used. That puts everything in perspective.

#35     Jun 12, 2002
  6. Traderbob,

CHILL! You are taking this way too seriously. What does it matter? So what if M-T takes claim for absolute bottoms and tops for maximum profits. If a trader bought when they say "buy" and sold at the top, then that trader would have realized those profits. It's called marketing. Many companies do that for "hype" and "attention" when selling a product or service. M-T is no different.

Now, the question is, can a trader make money playing their calls? Absolutely! That is the only thing you should be concern about.

For instance, if you would have played 1000 shares on each of their calls today and you were perfect, then you would be $37K richer tonight:D

#36     Jun 12, 2002
  7. Babak

Babak

thunderdolt,

we've already discussed MT at length here. I wonder why you constantly promote them in your posts....and never answer any of the legitimate questions regarding their shady methods. You are either working for them trying to get more suckers to join or you are one of the suckers. In either case I have no interest of revisiting a topic that we have already shredded to a pulp.

#37     Jun 12, 2002
  8. lundy

lundy

you aren't getting something.

in order to acheive your 37k today, with an average stock price of 15 bucks.... you'd have to put up 300k

Thats just over 10% gain and thats if you knew the exact EXIT price to get out at the EXACT top, since they don't tell you.

I doubt your MT guys made that much otherwise they'd grow some balls and call the exit.

10% is very good, but they obviously didn't make that much.

btw, i made 10% in my sleep, I called the exact entry and exit price, and that was before the day even started.

sure, marketing is hype but no one said we have to put up with it just cause it's called marketing. Besides, why don't you or MT (if your not affiliated, which i doubt) support this site being a paying advertiser instead of spamming the forum with hype.

#38     Jun 12, 2002
  9. I don't hype M-T. It's not my business--I just like their calls. End of story. ET is designed for all opinions and I have given mine. It's obvious you so called traders are offended by any mention of an entity that makes stock calls for their paying subscribers. You all have this need to make it on your own without any assistance. Grow up!:mad: Life is better with a team approach(Wife, kids, co-workers) Get my drift? I'll stick with what works for me while you clowns howl @ the moon

:confused:

#39     Jun 12, 2002
  10. babak,

so don't read what I post. Problem solved:eek:

#40     Jun 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.