Performance

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by thunderbolt, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so you use a much tighter stop than they do (they now use a 1 point stop). aren't you getting stopped out a lot? i've seen them have four or five positions open all in the red by half a point or so but not yet stopped out. maybe you are stopped out a lot but you're catching others for your point and a half or so.

one other thing that always bothered me, maybe you can answer this for me -M-T used to have THREE POINT STOP. i can't reconcile in my mind that any daytrader worth his salt would run with a stop of that magnitude. what do you make of it? how could any rational daytrader espouse a three point stop? inconsistencies such as this bother me. what do you think?

#22     Jun 8, 2002
  2. i'm partial to stocksthatdoublewithinaweekdotcom

#23     Jun 8, 2002
  3. I was trying to be sarcastic dude (guess I falied). They guy was asking if the free trial was worth a look. Well, it's FREE ain't it???

#24     Jun 9, 2002
  4. Yes, I do get stopped out, but not too frequently. M-T originally played with 3 pt. stops back when stocks would swing 25 pts. per day and were trading for $80-$200 per share. They adjusted--as all great traders do--when the market changed. Their methodology is unique and isn't for everyone, but there is money to be made. I find myself continually adjusting and exercising my mental approach as I move forward with this kind of trading. The fast pace also gives me the excitement that I need to be mentally in the game at all times. I tried swing trading, but it bored me. So, for me, it has worked well.....knock on wood...

#25     Jun 9, 2002
  5. "The fast pace also gives me the excitement that I need to be mentally in the game at all times. "

Try Las Vegas for excitement. Can't see how blindly following M-T calls allows one to be mentally in the game !!!!

#26     Jun 9, 2002
  6. To each his own. You like Vegas, I like M-T.:cool:

#27     Jun 9, 2002
  7. They racked up 14 pts. today. Not bad for such a crappy market.

#28     Jun 11, 2002
  8. how many of those '14 points' did you get?

btw, how come we get a daily M-T update from you?

#29     Jun 11, 2002
  9. did they 'get' 14 points? i am sure you know how they record their performance --call ABCD long, ABCD goes up .30, down .75, then even, down .60, then up 1.50. they record the win as 1.50. the 'points' rack up fast:)

#30     Jun 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.