Perfection! Making You Think and Go . . . Huh!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ProfLogic, May 29, 2004.

1. yada yada yada . . . your quote says "Always a learner of price movements" . . . it should include . . . but always a skeptic as well.

Always an opinion and never proof . . . my theory gets stonger with each reply to this thread. No one offers proof just verbage.

#31     May 31, 2004
  2. http://www.logicalmarkettrends.com/faq.htm
    Q
    he is a professional Market researcher and trader for 8 years, however, prior to trading and his research, he spent 20 years in the fields of Logic, Business, Market Analysis and Research.
    UQ

So Logically, how many years were actually engaged in researching the markets?
    :confused:

#32     May 31, 2004
  3. #33     May 31, 2004
  4. The responses in this thread are very telling.
    I started my Market research in 1996 so under Oddtraders rational thought processes a person studying to be a brain surgeon is qualified on his first day in college.

I used to love teaching Logic to know-it-alls . . . . enlightenment and grading papaers were very satisfying.

People are so closed minded to new ideas and theory because they are incapably of doing it on there own. It is simpler to condemn others then to say, "it's possible" and prove or disprove it themselves.

Oddtrader, you are in the majority of individuals out there and that should make you very comfortable. You will always have plenty of people to talk with regarding current events. May you and and all the close minded traders out there continue to trade however you are comfortable. It just makes my life that much easier.

#34     Jun 1, 2004
  5. there is absolutely nothing new regarding proflogic's approach to the market. it is rehash. boiled down, from what i have read regarding the method and his challenge, all that is said is the market will oscillate---- he then challenges one to prove him wrong. faulty thinking, faulty logic, and faulty observations.

surfer :)

#35     Jun 1, 2004
  6. Supposedly, I need to learn how to count Logically. :D

#36     Jun 1, 2004
  7. Just curious:

So when did you start testing your Theory?

Or Logically you expect someone to test it for you? :confused: :D

#37     Jun 1, 2004
  8. I'm signing off from this thread now. Bye! :)

#38     Jun 1, 2004
  9. Turok

Turok

ProfIllogic:
    >The world was flat till someone PROVED it was round.
    >I am right till someone proves me wrong.

This guy has some SERIOUS logic issues and his assertion that the world "was flat till someone PROVED it was round" is merely one of many examples in his current work.

JB

#39     Jun 1, 2004
  10. Cycle/Astro analysis is at the root of Gann work. We know that there is geometric, numeric, and cyclical stucture to the market. The question is, how is that to be exploited for maximum gain?

Let's say we use a spiral Square of Nine to ascertain that a cycle is coming due. Let's also suppose that it is within two days of a Mars Trine cycle. How do we know that this is not also a point that the market decides to rescale, and the market chugs right on past your target to bottom at the next octave on the wheel?

I think that what some are doubting is that you can call the EXACT top or bottom. This cannot be done, can it?

I contend that the only thing you can really do is establish a cluster of dates using various cycles, correlate that with a cluster of prices using various methods of old tops and bottoms, or Gann Squares, or Fib grids, and attach a probability to that. Even so, there is no GUARANTEE that the market will turn at that point. The past can only APPROXIMATE the future, not predict it.

Also, to OddTrader: The double a penny problem will run into issues of scale, even if you could do it on paper. A point will come when the size of your order will move the market. So the time it takes to build and unwind a postion will impact the equity curve, wouldn't it?

Regards
    Oddi

#40     Jun 1, 2004