Perfection! Making You Think and Go . . . Huh!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ProfLogic, May 29, 2004.

1. Perfection in a thread . . . simple response . . . PROVE ME WRONG! Stop pulling apart my statements to suit your line of thought. You are PROVING exactly what I see in these discussion groups. Individuals not thinking for themselves. They simply repeat opinions based on what they have created and accepted as their reality because it is simplier doing that then doing the work confirming the information themselves.

History of a Trader -
    Step one - Has desire to trade for a living . . . for whatever reason.
    Step two - goes to bookstore or seminar to learn "How to Trade"
    Step three - All of you can fill in the blanks from here . . .

I will be really surprised to hear from anyone that entered into the Markets and is trading without being influenced by ANY books, seminars or tainted tutorials.

#21     May 31, 2004
  2. Cheese

Cheese

What if the price action and the direction of every Market is perfectly readable?

#22     May 31, 2004
  3. the burden of proof is on the one making the claims.

furthermore :

being that the nature of charts is the past, there is no usable reality in proving or disproving ANY statements made about their nature.

surfer :)

#23     May 31, 2004
  4. Marketsurfer, you continue to prove me correct everytime you respond with opinions instead of fact.

The world was flat till someone PROVED it was round. I am right till someone proves me wrong.

#24     May 31, 2004

5. i am starting to lose respect for your reasoning ability. the world was never flat and no one can prove you wrong but you are not right. LOL ! only ACTION ( trades ) can prove you wrong or right in the particular application your concept was applied to.

good night,

surfer :)

#25     May 31, 2004
  6. ig0r

ig0r

this is a joke marketsurfer, just leave him alone

#26     May 31, 2004
  7. That statement shows that you slept through your history class . . . and says a whole lot more. Please do not tie up this thread any longer.

#27     May 31, 2004
  8. xenolith

xenolith

ProfLogic, I'm not sure what you mean by: "Price is cyclical and oscillates with perfection as well".
    What is imperfect market oscillation? By perfection, do you just mean that every top has a corresponding bottom (and vice versa)?

Although in the spirit of individual thinking I don't want to restate any mass believed opinions about why you can't be proven wrong, here, nonetheless, are my 2 cents on why a back-to-back top or bottom is impossible:
    The fact is you can't have a top without a bottom, or bottom without a top because one defines the other. No bottom means no top....

Therefore I can't prove you wrong - and you won't have to endure the pain of humiliation, or the cold floor of the CME on a Monday morning on my behalf (what???).

On a more productive note, if you would be willing share your research this nonsense can be put to rest, and some real good may come out of this thread...

#28     May 31, 2004
  9. A good man . . . a thinker . . . bravo.
    I love to share when asked. And all you had to was ask. confrontation got nowhere . . . questioning did . . . imagine that.

Yes, for every sequential top there is a sequential bottom . . . the range in-between each is nothing more than potential profit. There is NO consistency in the range of the cycle or the length. Now that stated, what is perfect on EVERY top and EVERY bottom is that PRICE FAILS to breach.

Isn't a Bull Trend - Higher Highs and Higher Lows
    Isn't a Bear Trend - Lower Highs and Lower Lows

So wouldn't the end of a Bull come with Market Price Failing to make a higher high? AND wouldn't the end of a Bear come with Market Price Failing to make a lower low? FAILURE OF PRICE & MOMENTUM IS THE MARKET'S WAY OF CONFIRMING IT IS FINISHED ITS SHORT OR LONG TERM BULL OR BEAR RUN (LONG OR SHORT, BUY OR SELL) Trends are chart spacific . . . trading scenerios are chart spacific. Trends do not come from Trend lines they come from the Market moving up from a confirmed bottom to a confirmed top and back to another confirmed bottom and so on and so forth . . . ad infinitum.

#29     May 31, 2004
  10. Thanks Marketsurfer, this would be a real test indeed.

Perhaps one of the ET posters would be willing to send $1 to ProfLogic's PayPal account in order for him to trade Forex with (say) an Oanda account that allows trading on 1% margin.

As if All the tops and bottoms can be Perfectly predicted as claimed, meaning Absolutely no drawdowns would be incurred for every trade placed, the ET poster risking $1 (maximum and no more) would be quite happy to receive her/his monthly payment of (say) $200 return for the first month through PayPal.

It would be preferable to leave (say) about $10 for investment for the second month, with the expectation of $2,000 to be sent by the end of second month.

And so on ($20,000 for the third month) and so forth.

Until we have heard a certain number of ET posters reporting monthly for their Perfect returns for many months, we then would like to further prove something.

:confused:

#30     May 31, 2004