Perfect TA...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by UM_manager, Dec 12, 2005.

1. The seller forgot to mention that he is offering a rebate to the first 100 buyers.
    :D

#31     Dec 14, 2005
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

"If price movements were predictable to a small group of traders then markets would still exist" ... says a preacher at the end of his prayer dedicated to his GOD - Technical Analysis. "Let us all polish our crystal balls and continue our quest for Holy Grail” - amen. Don't forget to leave your contributions at the exit; we need your money to build a bigger church of "Trader's Dreams". By the way, for a small extra donation I could teach you how to win a lottery, get rich quick and obtain your ultimate financial independence trading markets. Come on, brothers and sisters, follow me to the altar and I'll accept your sacrifice and reinforce your dreams. Most of you will loose all of your trading money, but this is the risk I’m willing to take.

#32     Dec 18, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

:D nitro :D

#33     Dec 18, 2005
  4. Some traders think that their qualifications as traders are mesured by the number of datafeeds or screens they have installed.
    It's comparable to a man who thinks that he's the best lover because he has the biggest d*ck.

I hope you don't rely on my losses to generate your profits, because you would have constantly negative returns.

#34     Dec 18, 2005
  5. Tell me fairly, whether you thought of the market in a similar way earlier?

Yes.

Whether you sometime saw a similar method in books?

Yes.

I did not follow that route, however.

The reason being that it turned out prediction was not necessary. This may be a difficult concept for many to grasp.

One thing that I did conclude very stongly that you do and is rarely done at all, is to use part of the chart for the future. Check out all books, periodicals and postings on webs. You will see the rarity of having the future displayed on a chart.

The future is where the salient annotations of the market are placed it turns out.

The route I followed for my view of TA and its potential quality is divided into several parts (4) which, in turn, have their components (a total of 13). What I mean is this: any person using TA must have a comprehensive TA approach. Few do and, therefore, what they do have is not very effective and not efficient. The lower ranges of this spectrum yield results to those people where they can say that TA does not work as their personal conclusion.

Part A Triad leads to and acheives a steady state operation. Its three components are (present TA tooling):
    1. Universe (quality EPS, RS, sorting, etc...)
    2. Money velocity (Rank Analysis chart)
    3. Repeatability(RA chart)
    Part B Triad Building a connection with the market are:
    4. Future(Annotations on blank right 1/3 of chart)
    5. Natural Cycles(Scoring)
    6. Envelopes (channels and internal formations, 7 levels)
    Part C Quadrant) the basic routine of maikng money are:
    7. Monitoring Proper screen set up on three levels and chart review after hours)
    8. Analysis (belief system of truths)
    9. Decision making (Skill set)
    10. Timely Actions (experience based skills)
    Part D the plan tiad for SCT with neutral bais and maintaining money velocity are:
    11. Anticipation (Matrix operting point, Sequences)
    12. Futures intraday (Rockets, icebergs, SCT (Sweeping with sports memory))
    13. X trading (flowing capital at ooptimum money velocity).

So the above 13 components collectively point out that prediction is not part of making money. The future is definitely in the picture (right 1/3 of display) as the place to annotate the sequences that come next as determined by NOW and the near past (7 fractals are possible for annotating as a comprehensive overlay). Your work goes as far as Intermediate Term.

For making money, the name of the game is maintaining the highest potential money velocity. Lets say a person such as yourself found this out and decided to use the concept as the basis for doing some math to make making money effective and efficient.

Your charts would look different when they appeared in the mix of potential "money makers".

Imagine only having them appear "just in time" to make an ever increasing rate of money (money velocity) than the worst existing owned equity's current money velocity (X-over trading).

All of the above is my effort to put on the table what your term "perfect TA" might come to mean to you in the future somehow.

Perfect is not in the cards but QA is always there. Quality assurance is the huge separator of the men and the boys. It is faced right at the beginning and no effort is ever made to work with anything but a small and hopefully tenured universe that constantly tested for Q.

Q becomes defined as repeatedly reliable for making the highest comparitive money velocity when the time, yet once again, arrives. You could make your approach just throw away all charts that do not meet a QA requirement. you could make your approach, then systematically order the results of your first pass. The criteria for ordering stuff has not ocurred to you yet it may be seen. Why? Well moslty because you aree not focussed on making money but are focussed on math.

What makes TA work most of all is using it in a comprehensive and complete very high quality way. You can see all over ET in a wide range of threads that this point is not yet on the table in ET. The way this can be determined is to look at the questions asked. They are not being asked.

So at what point is the growth and learning process is what you are doing taken off the table and laid aside? Early.

Getting to the point of knowing as a truth that prediction is not a part of TA is something to learn as soon as possible.

#35     Dec 18, 2005
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Although it is not entirely impossible to become the best lover when you have a tiny dick having a huge one does dramatically improve your chances. Unlike you, the prophet, who can clearly see tomorrow's prices, I don't rely in my trading on such predictions. It is, therefore, irrelevant to me whether you'll lose or win (I hope you win all the time) in order for me to make my steady returns. In my 15 years trading and developing career I've seen a lot of "oracles" who could "read the patterns". Only a couple of them became traders, the rest turned out to be preachers...

#36     Dec 18, 2005
  7. But reading plain english seems to be a problem for you. I didn't say i could see tomorrow's prices, i didn't even say that i was part of the small group that could predict price movements, and i even started the sentence with the word IF. Which means a possibility, not a certainty.
    Your attitude is so prepossessed that you can't even read what is written.
    And for your image building it should be clear to anyone that you are the big winner and expert, and all the others are losers.
    As you are not able to do something, nobody will be able to do it. You are the ultimate supertrader. But from all the supertraders i know none is as narrowminded or arrogant as you are.

I also survived 15 years of daytrading, you are not the only one. But i must admit that i don't have as many screens as you have.

#37     Dec 18, 2005
  8. it is my contention that the once rareified world of TA practioners has become common knowledge thanks to the internet.

TA is appealing because it is easy, look at a picture, let the indicator tell you what to do. what could be more seductive to the start up traders mind?

TA offers a quick fix to understanding the chaotic markets, exactly what the consumer demands....

surfer

#38     Dec 18, 2005
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

What a good, old fight! Ha, ha. I did not know you are a survivor. I tip my hat to you. I apologize for my tone and suspicions. It is just too many bottom feeders lurking on ET these days. Yes, english is my sixth language and sometimes I misunderstand things. It has been the end of a very hard and exhaustive week (I had to ring the cash register, ya know ..) I don't know why I got so edgy about this thread, must be stress... Merry Christmas to you and all the true traders on ET. I wish you happy and prosperous year! God bless you!
    Cheers

#39     Dec 18, 2005
  10. Your contentions like your opinions are becoming as odorous as limburger cheese. You statements as stale as 8 week old bread. You have absolutely no clue as to what modern TA is focused in but yet you are right there to offer your worthless opinion to it's usefulness.

TA is far more than trading "an indicator" but that is all your small brain can wrap itself around so that becomes the extent of your vocabulary. There is no "quick fix" to understanding the markets and that is why you push that as your perception of TA.

When you are physically able to crawl out of your tiny box and wrap yourself around some of modern concepts of TA, hell will most probably freeze over. So until that time comes, please keep your inaccurate and narrow minded opinions to yourself. If you can't be a meaningful addition to a thread, don't "be" at all.

#40     Dec 18, 2005