Perfect Job?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by matt5555, Sep 29, 2003.

1. matt5555

matt5555

I interned at a firm this summer. They have a big Nasdaq desk (Market makers in over 3,000 stocks I belive). They also have a growing listed desk as well. There was this one trader who was not on the nasdaq desk nor the listed desk. I worked with him for a few weeks.

What did he do? He had free will to do whatever he wanted. He was salaried and made around 500-700k a year from what I heard.

If you wanted to make money (personally) all you had to do was take the other side of his trades :)

How is that for a job? Being able to trade whatever you want (and in huge size sometimes) with virtually unlimited buying power and no risk to yourself.

2. well tell us what stocks he covered so we can fade him.lol

3. I dare say if they were paying that kind of money then he is probably making the firm about the same amount, which makes him worth every cent.

Runningbear

4. matt5555

matt5555

From what I'm told he used to make a bunch (Back when the market was up)

During the 3 months I was there just running through my head he was net short and losing money.

At any rate, I'm not trying to bash him. I'm just wondering if you guys think this is a perfect job? Looks pretty good to me :)

5. c_verm

c_verm

SOunds good to me. but you do need the trading experience to do what he does. Who wouldnt like to trade stocks for aliving making huge money like that!!