Perfect forecast of SP500 since 2 months

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fortuna, Jun 26, 2003.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

it ain't free

...To get your free trial,You will be asked to join PayPal

...IMPORTANT! If you do not cancel before your free trial is over, You will be billed for one month of the Emini Monitor

#21     Jul 27, 2003
  2. Tea

Tea

(marketmariner- have some class and start a new thread if you want to change the subject or pitch a product).

regarding the original topic on S&P500 market direction:

It looks like the S&P500 could make a new short term high based on weekly analysis. Then a sideways swinging environment bouncing off the daily 200ma forming a giant head and shoulders pattern - then a break in the fall of the H&S to about a 50% retrace from the lows (which brings out all the doomsters). Then a 45 degree angle move up ala 1995 that may not make it all the way back to the top.

Thats my 2 cents worth of contribution based on visual analysis of the charts in different timeframes.

#22     Jul 27, 2003
  3. Pay pal is free to join that makes the trial free.Cancelling is very easy. Class is not measured by starting a new thread.

#23     Jul 27, 2003
  4. fortuna

fortuna

I update since end june my correlation with august 1980. you see on the chart how the last month datas have been experiencing the same moves than in saugust-september 1980.

I used the first time, 82 open days ; THE ATTACHED GRAPH IS USING 150 OPEN DAYS. Normally it should be statistically difficult to find more than a 80% CORRELATION. i FIND 2 EXTREMELY INTERESTING CORRELATIONS, with september 1980 with a 94.96 % correlation and with March 1961 with a 95.58% correlation coef.

What is interesting is the correlation between the 2 predictions . Both past dates have a common output in the next 150 days
    , SPX is up 7% exactly for both.

I think these correlations are not spurious correlations and tell something abouth the waves market experience again and again.

I find 1961 as an interesting date as it is a period of geopolitical tensions (JFK, Cuba, Cold war, kroutchev)

I cannot paste the file here too big with excel

you will find it on my yahoo list last message

Also both correlated dates are bear market rallyes followed by a strong sell-off which erase all gains until august 1982 and June 1962, then followed by a long bull market.

#24     Jul 27, 2003