Perfect example of why Al Brooks is impossible to follow

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ChkitOut, Mar 31, 2013.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

You don't see success? You think Lescor, Dustin, EricP, Szeven, etc are just making shit up?

#41     Apr 1, 2013
  2. futures trading bro, futures trading (es,ym,nq). i believe everyone of those guys said they themselves no no one making money trading futures, no one at all.

#42     Apr 1, 2013
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

True.

#43     Apr 1, 2013
  4. achilles28

achilles28

That chart is pretty easy to read. I would have shorted at bars 9, 12, 14 and 15. Might have caught a quick counter-trend scalp at bars 11 and 13. Pretty clear, isn't it?

#44     Apr 1, 2013
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

First, you need to be careful about something. You keep implying you're one of Al's students as if he's mentoring you. Mentoring is a "in person" thing between teacher overseeing what the student is doing...its very time consuming interaction between teacher/student.

Al does not mentor. In contrast, he writes books, makes youtube videos, does webinars here and there but he does not mentor. He did once say in an interview I saw that mentoring has crossed his mind but it would be time consuming.

Until the day he mentors even though I doubt he'll get into that part of the education business...that guy will never show you any proof that will make you happy.

This kind'uv reminds me of a few of those floor traders that use to be regulars on CNBC or Bloomberg. They're now ex-traders and in the education business. They too don't have audited trading records, don't care that they don't make real-time calls, don't care that they aren't giving in to anonymous requests for broker statements...

All they care about is that they're cashing in on their fame from many years ago when CNBC journalists or Bloomberg journalists would regularly walk up to them on the floor or at some order terminal at the exchange and ask them "how's the markets today". :D

Simply, if former well known floor traders won't provide us with audited statements to qualify them as successful with good communication skills...why the heck do you think Al Brooks a retail trader will provide us with evidence of success beyond just saying contact those using his methods. :confused:

#45     Apr 1, 2013
  6. yeah, i took the wrong path. i screwed up, i should have put 10k with an equity trading prop firm, and traded tiny size.

instead i took the futures path and became another statistic and put tons of time into it.

that sucks but i suppose its just destiny, how was i to know?

#46     Apr 1, 2013
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

It's easy to get sucked into the security of feeling like you won't miss anything if you only watch one market. But there are equity trades all over the place every day. Maybe take what you learned from watching futures and apply it to stocks?

#47     Apr 1, 2013
  8. yeah, its the only option left. trading 1 or 2 securities day in and out is insanity ive learned.

#48     Apr 1, 2013
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Actually that's not true and is how rumors starts. I was the one and the only one that specifically had conversations with two of those guys (e.g. Lescor).

Lescor specifically stated in his own thread to me as a reply that he "does trade futures" and "is profitable". Yet, he stated futures trading is nowhere close to what he's doing in his stock trading. Nobody else in that popular thread seem to notice that slip by Lescor that he was profitable in his futures trading. Instead, they grabbed onto the other sentence when he said he didn't know anybody "else" that was profitable in futures trading.

I responded by asking that if he states "no one is profitable" in futures trading while he was on record in saying his own trading in futures was profitable...he was basically saying he was the ONLY one profitable at futures trading regardless if he only does it a few times each month.

Then one of those other guys chimed into my conversation with lescor and "vouched" that such was true.

Lescor then later "clarified" that he didn't know anyone that was profitable in futures while doing similar like frequency of stock trading as he was doing as a day trader while at the same time minimizing his own trading in futures. Also, I asked what type of % of futures trading he was doing...he didn't respond to that question and I didn't pursue it further after that.

#49     Apr 1, 2013
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

It is for me. Some guys can do it, but I have to trade what's moving on unusual volume. I've tried the market making thing on one stock all day. I officially suck at it.

#50     Apr 1, 2013