Perfect example of why Al Brooks is impossible to follow

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ChkitOut, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Xela

Xela

Indeed ... exactly so. Or Edward Lear!

(I freely admit to my own bias, on the subject: it just seems totally bizarre to me that Al Brooks - of all people! - has somehow attracted such a skeptical crowd in forums, in spite of all trading forums having plenty of longstanding, fairly serious, non-suspicious, contributing members admitting openly that they probably wouldn't be making a living without having benefitted hugely from his work.)

#241     Dec 2, 2016
    speedo likes this.
  2. speedo

speedo

Agree, as I've noted in the past Al and I traded together years ago. He is smart, very hard working and knows his stuff. I've never seen his or anyone's P&L and don't care to but before the books and the courses, Al was putting his daughters through school as a single Father and living in a nice neighborhood in Sacramento Ca., doing just fine. And this was years after he left ophthalmology.

#242     Dec 2, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  3. Xela

Xela

Ah, interesting!

My mother happens to be an ophthalmologist, and originally knew of him through "that world" before he'd even learned that he could do better trading than operating. So I tend to give a "wry smile" when people ask "whether his background story is even true"!! :p :D

#243     Dec 2, 2016
  4. speedo

speedo

He left the field so he could raise his daughters after he and his wife split and he had custody. He could of course trade (and earn a living) from home.

#244     Dec 2, 2016
    Xela likes this.

5. So it is all about emotions ,these are your human emotions to support a friend.

Firstly, is it 'a friend in need is a friend indeed' or 'a friend in need is a friend in deed'? Secondly, is it 'a friend (when you are) in need' or 'a friend (who is) in need'? If the former, then the phrase means: 'someone who helps you when you are in need is a true friend'. If the latter, it is 'someone who needs your help becomes especially friendly in order to obtain it'.

So you are supporting a friend in need?

#245     Dec 2, 2016
  6. Xela

Xela

I see you're no less trollish on this subject now than you were under a previous username ... well, at least you're consistent.

#246     Dec 2, 2016
    Gotcha likes this.
  7. All the more mysterious as to why he wouldn't share any trading results with Emmet the site owner of tradingschools.org. Also the reason he gave for not doing so is not valid, which raises suspicions.

Personally his methods seem very intensive to me, maybe too much so, and there doesn't seem to be much emphasis on longer term context.

But thanks for your input, it's nice to hear from someone who knows him personally.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    #247     Dec 2, 2016
  8. dartmus

dartmus

2 very good reasons people fail.
    work
    especially hard work.

they can't cut it + they blame everyone else for their failures.

#248     Dec 2, 2016
    speedo likes this.
  9. #249     Dec 2, 2016
  10. Latest webinar is up, where Al responds to Big Mike's statement and questions:

It does look like the questions allowed Al to dodge the real issue easily enough.

I'm sure if Al is unwilling to reveal his performance to all and sundry he could share them with a trusted third party such as Big Mike or Emmet, who could both vouch for them plus give an overall performance figure.

So the question I'd like to have seen is:

'Al, are you willing to at least share your trading results with Big Mike'

And the bonus question:

'Are you willing to give a rough idea of your annual performance and what proportion of your trading related income comes from trading vs education.'

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    #250     Dec 9, 2016